We are looking for an experienced Creative Resource Manager to join our team to support our rapidly growing multinational creative services team in the US, UK, and Canada. Brainrider is well known for our flexible resourcing model; our clients love it, and our team members thrive moving between project-based, dedicated, and embedded workflow. Building strong relationships with creatives, producers, and project leads will be imperative – as these are the team members that work closely together on a day-to-day basis and shape our success.
Our ideal candidate understands that approaching tricky situations from a perspective of “Opportunities” vs. “Problems” goes a really long way in creating successful partnerships. By helping both the Studio and Leadership team understand that the Creative Resource Manager role is often a facilitator, as well as decision maker —and at all times, a problem solver — is critical in this role.
You should be a champion for our all of team members’ success, fostering the notion that “we all ridetogether”.
Areas that define Resourcing:
Craft Effective Teams
* The Creative Resource Manager is responsible for crafting project teams with emphasis on achieving project goals, improving employee satisfaction, and meeting financial objectives.
* To be successful, it is imperative that the Creative Resource Manager understands each employee’s talents, strengths, and passion. The Creative Resource Manager partners with HR and Discipline Leads to onboard new hires, builds relationships with employees, keeps each person notified of his/her assignments, and encourages employee questions and requests. The Creative Resource Manager advocates for employee requests and helps employees in their transition from one project to another.
Strengthen our Network
* Knowing when and how to find outside resources to help on projects is an important responsibility for the Creative Resource Manager.
Accurate Tracking and Reporting
* The Creative Resource Manager must demonstrate a unique blend of empathy and people-first skills, attention to detail and precision, as well as strategy and analysis. Combining all of these skills, the Creative Resource Manager must create, maintain, and continuously refine our tools for resource management and reporting. Success is measured by employee retention and satisfaction, utilization and productivity rates, and project profitability.
What You'll Do:
* Manage and oversee all resourcing for the studio; monitor studio bandwidth and maximize utilization across all resources
* Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities, anticipating resource availability and pressures
* Manage resourcing forecast tools based on input from weekly meetings and incoming resource requests
* Implement new and champion existing internal systems for improving productivity
* Collaborate with Executive Producers, Team Leads, and Discipline Leads to share resources across projects; ensure that resources are accurately placed on projects based on interests, skill set, and experience
* Keep New Business team well-informed of resourcing challenges, gaps, and opportunities to sell
* Proactively manage idle resources; seek out tasks that could benefit internal or network projects
* Manage and oversee PTO and vacation requests against project staffing
* Approve and manage timesheets (general admin, comp time, vacation days, time between projects)
* Proactively maintain and nurture network of freelance contacts
* Organize and maintain vendor database
* Coordinate and oversee record keeping for vendor invoices and contracts
* Partner with Producers and Accounting to analyze and present reports on utilization, revenue, and project financials
* Recommend improvements on estimating and staffing future projects
* Partner with HR and Discipline Leads on performance, morale, and retention issues
* Partner with HR on hiring needs, recruiting strategies, onboarding, and employee satisfaction
What You'll Bring:
* Have 7+ years professional experience
* Have 5+ years experience in Project Management or Recruiting in an interactive agency
* Have deep project management experience
* Have solid working knowledge of Internet-based technologies and trends
* Bring experience working on small to medium-sized teams
* Foster an ability to be communicative, flexible, and precise under tight deadlines
* Enjoy working with designers, writers, and interactive developers
* Have excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Have strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
* Demonstrate discretion, empathy, and self-motivation
* Able to lead with confidence – promoting collaboration and building consensus
Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, this role is 100% remote until further notice.
We offer competitive salaries, paid vacation, work from home (WFH) support and set-up assistance, 401K options, and a wide variety of other great perks!
The fine print:
* Please include current resume and cover letter, we would like to learn more about you and your experience
* Candidates selected for next steps will be contacted
* You can learn more about working with us at Brainrider Careers
Brainrider is a place where everyone can do their best work and be themselves. We work as a team, plain and simple. We respect and value the unique characteristics, skills, and experiences of everyone, and support and champion each other to be the best we can be — for ourselves, our team, and our clients. We recognize that a diverse and inclusive workplace leads to better ideas, better solutions, and better results. And we’re here for that — and for you. We #ridetogether.
Relocation and sponsorship are not provided.