To complete 2d and 3d Custom structure designs using various methods of sketching, CAD and 3d presentation software to meet customer expectations and requests.
· Produce quick sketches, 2d and 3d representations of custom structures as required.
· Uses computer assisted drafting (CAD) software to create playground components and playgrounds per the customer’s request.
· Works from verbal instructions and sketches; data given may be relatively incomplete and require interpretation to complete and finish concept designs.
· Designs and develops concepts for new models, mechanisms, or adaptations for a product.
· Price out components as needed.
· Designs with manufacturing capabilities in mind.
· Works closely with the rest of the custom business unit to clarify or resolve problems that develops in or from the concepting phase.
· Ability to manage project deadlines, meet customer request, and priorities.
· Maintains a dependable and predictable work attendance and productivity record with very infrequent tardiness or absence from work; displays a strong work ethic.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Two year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 3+ years playground layout experience
· AutoCAD, 3DsMAX, and Photoshop knowledge/experience strongly preferred
· Ability to sketch and share ideas with others
· Ability to produce a 3d representation of custom products in a timely manner
· Requires high degree of artistic knowledge and skill.
· Must have passed the CPSI exam or extensive knowledge of American Society of Testing and Materials and Consumer Products Safety Commission standards (can obtain after hire).
· Excellent communication: can convey ideas and listen (verbally, written, graphically)
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to see big picture as well as small details
· Great time management skills
· Computer literate: can work in and navigate many computer programs.
· Ability to focus and follow through
· Excellent design sense and creativity
· A good understanding of industry standards and practices
· Adaptable: flexible and open to change
· Customer Service Mentality: Ability to build relationship, internally and externally
Landscape Structures is an Equal Opportunity Employer