We are seeking an On Site exceptional individual who has experience working in and managing a very busy and demanding graphic design studio. Our design studio creates over a thousand new items each year and has multiple projects going on each day. A good knowledge of kids trends and what is hot in the world of kid’s fashion and toys will be a big plus but is not a necessity. The role requires experience working with programs such as Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design & Acrobat. You must be a strong leader, possess skills to get the most out of a team all whom have varying skill sets and experience, be able to motivate and encourage a team of 7 graphic designers as well as being able to work with other team managers throughout the business to meet daily deadlines and goals. You must be detail orientated, deadline driven, a self-starter who can juggle multiple projects. You must have excellent communication skills.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet with CEO each morning for daily briefing on priorities
• Coordinate the studio daily schedule for each graphic designer in your team – DAILY
• Brief each new project, giving detailed guidelines to each graphic designer in your team
• Proof-read artwork
• Provide input in and guidance on developing new packaging style guides with Creative
• Log and ensure all artwork loaded to suppliers is returned for our approval within company
• Manage studio samples ensure each designer has the samples they need and that samples
are returned after jobs are complete
• Work with CEO, Product Development & Sales teams
• Ensure the graphic design team is keeping abreast and up to date on industry trends
• Responsible for recruiting and interviewing any new hires.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills:
• Experience managing a team and ability to manage multiple projects in fast paced and
highly demanding environment.
• Knowledge of color theory and color harmony, good design aesthetics
• An expert understanding of the trends in packaging, color and branding.
• Ability to develop concepts and designs for packaging across several private label brands
• Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite (emphasis on Illustrator & Photoshop)
• Being able to motivate a team to consistently provide high quality work while also meting
• Exhibit a pixel-perfect attention to detail
• Awareness of design, fashion / beauty, retail, social media and lifestyle trends.
• Prior experience with commercial & toy packaging preferred but not required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Packaging, Industrial or Graphic Design or related field is preferred but
not a requirement
• Strong design skill set proficient in illustration, iconography, typography and layout
• 8+ years of work experience in consumer packaging design.
• Must have an entrepreneurial mindset and a relentless passion for beautiful crafted design,
change and innovation
• Strong visual design skills and background designing for systems (style guides, design