Provide training and mentoring to Associate/Assistant Designer.
Lead the aesthetic creation of product from initial concepts and sketches, innovative design solutions incorporating technology, color, fabric/finish standards, print & pattern, trim & expression of fit for a singular brand.
Introduce new ideas & update key item programs based on information and inspiration from trade shows, conducting online research, meeting with vendors, conducting competitive and aspirational shopping
Manage and execute design process.
Coordinate the design and development process for multiple product categories from concept sketches and technical packs through final prototype/adoption
Plan and communicate the design vision at a store/fixture level.
Create innovative design tools/strategies for presenting merchandise at milestone meetings
Work with technical design and product management to ensure that technical packages are accurate and complete.
Attend seasonal fit analysis and weekly fit sessions to drive the expression of fit for your given brand. Work in partnership with the fabric specialist to achieve costing and aesthetic goals for the seasonal fabric palette.
Collaborate with design peers on seasonal challenges and successes within their brands, ie, system short cuts, color challenges, etc.
Shop the market, including our stores, with product management and merchants to promote partnership and increase the understanding of each other’s point of view.
Manage the design communication among internal and external design partners, merchants, product managers, marketing and vendors. Adhere to the time and action calendar.
• Bachelor’s Degree: Design oriented field
• 7-10 years
• At least 7 years design experience
• Multifaceted design experience in high profile brands
• Strong computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program)
• Ability to design using new advanced technology (Illustrator, Photoshop, Kaledo
• Ability to create technical sketches and tech packs in adobe illustrator
• Microsoft Power Point preferred