If you are an Art Director or Creative Director in the ‘agency’ world, this position may be a challenging fit for you. Our team is designing the work event – something altogether new for designers and the design process. We are leading business and technology partners in the orchestration of all aspects of business operations. Every day is a new challenge and an experiment in the deployment of designers into some of the most complicated business operations out there. But we’re open to helping a really capable individual make the leap! Convince us.
This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to form, manage and participate with a design team that will see inside the most sensitive operational areas of the world’s largest companies, setting a vision and roadmap for the application of design to the unique circumstances of each client. Every day Zenda’s designers and researchers open our clients’ eyes to the considerable value and impact of design.
This hands-on leadership role reports to the Chief Design Officer.
SKILLS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Fully participate within project engagements as a contributing member of the Zenda’s delivery team. This is a hands-on role.
• Continue to grow our world-class team of design and research professionals through the identification of key new hires and the ongoing mentorship of our design and research professionals.
• Ability to formally assess and grow the skills of designers and researchers.
• Work closely with the executive management team to influence Zenda’s operations and service delivery methods.
• Ability to quickly learn and understand client business, effectively building professional relationships with colleagues and clients.
• Ability and experience in the communication of complex information and concepts.
• Contribute creative ideas to positively impact direction of client projects and value delivered.
• Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills. This is critical.
• Passion for seeking understanding and insight in the human context of…well, anything!
• Demonstrate flexibility and a professional approach to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
• Excellent time management skills including the ability to work simultaneously across several projects.
• Effectively build professional relationships with clients.
• Effectively collaborate with project management professionals in the organization and execution of consulting services and project work.
• Informally mentor less experienced consultants, contributing to the ongoing growth of the Zenda team.
• Foster a climate where alternative ideas and approaches are encouraged.
• Travel as needed by project engagement.
• 7-10++ years of experience leading design and design research professionals. Please do not apply unless you satisfy this requirement.
• Experience / certification and a working knowledge of various design fields / specializations, behavioral sciences, HCI research.
• Extensive experience managing cross-disciplinary design teams.
• Experience creating intuitive workflow-driven solutions (UI/UX knowledge and experience)
• A portfolio of work that demonstrates experience level
• Meaningful experience working in a consulting environment
EDUCATION (one or more of the following):
Ba / MA in Design, Architecture, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Design
PhD / MA / MS in HCI, Cognitive Science, Behavioral Science, Human Factors
Psychology, Information Design, Design or related field.
• Salary: $175,000++ per annum, commensurate with experience
• 401K, Health, vision and dental benefits package
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full-time