OXO is hiring a Design Engineer for our New York City office.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Engineering, this Design Engineer will be working on projects through the Design Engineering cycle to ensure products meet performance standards, quality expectations are manufacturable, and adhere to design briefs. This highly creative individual will play a key role in supporting the business the development of new products through the design of mechanisms, DFM, and the supporting of industrial design for the OXO brand.
Design Engineer Key Responsibilities:
• Work within the design team on the engineering segment of a project, to develop creative engineering solutions that enhance the design and functionality of a product.
• Collaborate with Industrial Designers and Product Engineers on the development of products from early exploration, through to production.
• Front-end engineering support through first production.
• Generate CAD models and assemblies to evaluate and conceptualize how a product will be constructed.
• Simulate use-case of products through prototyping, model-building, proof-of-concept mock-ups of mechanical subsystems or complete assemblies.
• Support tooling development and DFM cycle/communication.
• Develop test methods/experiments, execute and document testing of new products for functionality, durability, usability, reliability, performance, etc.
• Understand, troubleshoot and prove out manufacturing methods (molding, welding, turning, etc.) for each unique product and application.
• As required, work with manufacturing partners to refine assembly and manufacturing process to ensure manufactured product meets design specification, functional and visual criteria (nit/flow lines, sink/deformation, flash, plating/finishing, etc.).
• Revise/modify existing CAD files as required to communicate part iterations, tool changes, process improvements and manufacturing efficiency upgrades.
• Validation testing of new or current products ahead of launch or production changeover.
What are the requirements for consideration?
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical Engineering or related. (This is not an Industrial Design role).
• 1+ years’ experience with 3D CAD (Solidworks or Creo), prototyping, product manufacturing, and plastics and injection molding.
• Portfolio in the form of PDF or website.
• Experience with Asian Manufacturing a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage deadlines.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
For more information about us, visit www.oxo.com.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com. You can also find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.