It’s a challenge and an invitation. Most importantly, it’s an opportunity to join an industry leader. There’s never been a better time to work at Generac. We’re shaping the market and investing in new companies and new technologies. Our rapid growth equals rapid career advancement opportunities for those who want to be challenged and enjoy a fast-paced, high-performance culture.
In the role of Design Researcher working in Waukesha, WI you will be part of the Marketing team.
• This role will bring focus and process to Generac’s current design research, manage research programs and create impactful presentations to show findings to Generac’s internal teams.
• The Design Researcher frames insights and user needs from multiple streams of research to create and inspire new concepts and products that excite and impress our customers.
• This role will synthesize these insights and craft compelling and thought-provoking narratives and reports that will educate, uncover opportunities and threats and provide actionable insights for the business
This position reports to Director of Marketing and works closely with Engineering, Product Management, Industrial Designers and Marketing.
• Designs questionnaires and discussion guides; manages, implements and analyzes the results of research studies; and presents and packages research information in a timely fashion in usable formats internally and using external partners. Directs primary qualitative research (qualitative is defined as all methodologies including facilitation, one on ones, ethnographers, focus groups, co-creation, managing outside vendors etc.).
• Designs and conducts user research using qualitative and quantitative methods, including, but not limited to, discovery research, rapid and iterative concept and usability testing, participatory design, ethnography, contextual inquiry, surveys. Cultivates group of local users for testing new products and ideas.
• Builds and delivers presentations that summarize complex qualitative and quantitative data to diverse audiences in an understandable format.
• Collaborates with quantitative research, design and engineering teams to design products and further our understanding of users. Ideates and evaluates insights that lead to new ideas and customer value. Works collaboratively to identify business questions and research needs throughout the product development process, from concept phase to post-launch.
• Keeps abreast of trends in our industries to help form a lens for our consumer research. Actively monitors and analyzes research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic research, and industry published reports to inform and improve our research methods.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Behavioral Science Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, Industrial Design or related degree, or equivalent experience
• 5 years of research and design work experience, with strong theoretical and practical knowledge of both qualitative (e.g., ethnography) and quantitative (e.g., data analytics) research methodologies
• 2 years of experience researching and supporting the design of physical products, utilizing a variety of qualitative research methods, and in gaining active end-user involvement in the specification/design of products
• 1 years of experience in moderating/conducting focus groups and one-on-one interviews
Great Reasons to work for Generac:
• Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and many more
• State-of-the-art facility with an onsite gym, walking trails, café, free parking and many employee activities
• Scheduled events throughout the year that allow our employees, both current and retirees, to gather together and enjoy their time with their families and co-workers
• Pride! When a storm strikes, Generac employees always rise to the occasion. Each time a storm hits many employees volunteer their time with the customer support team or on the production line while others go right into storm-affected areas to repair generators
• We believe in having fun. From minor celebrations to major events, our employees balance their work by building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration through a variety of occasions, including our Fun Days. Each Friday we relax in our jeans!