VCNY Home a forward-thinking home textiles supplier offering modern designs for every lifestyle and budget; we specialize in bedding, bath, window treatments, area rugs, home décor and table linens.
We empower our employees to think creatively and autonomously to take their careers; and our company to the next level.
The Home Textiles Designer is responsible for the creative design of decorative pillows for a variety of retailers ranging from Mass Market to Fashion Market. The person will execute-from concept to finish-all designs by working with our vast design support teams. The position works very closely with our Sales, Merchandising and Production teams.
• Create original woven designs based on seasonal concepts/trends
• Collaborate with Sales, Merchandising, and Production teams to meet requirements
• Assist in creating presentation and trend boards
• Review factory samples for pattern, color, repeat, and construction
• Assist the Technical Design team in preparing instructions in creating technical specs
Minimum Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Textile Design or related field
• 3+ years of experience in designing textiles- home textiles a plus
• Demonstrate knowledge of fabric construction including jacquard and embroidery
• Strong knowledge of Photoshop / Illustrator / Ned Graphics
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, tight turnaround times, scheduling conflicts, revisions, and technical challenges effectively
• Strong eye for color, proportion, and clean composition
• Successful candidate will be a team player with flexible disposition and able to meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a team and communicate ideas effectively