About this Role
Under the direction of the Furniture Design Vice President, develop big ideas, graphic concepts and furniture designs that achieve overall product strategy and merchant objectives on a seasonal basis. Manage design execution for wood and upholstered furniture, leading the product development process by working with major international home-goods manufacturers/vendors.
About the Team
• Love to work collaboratively in a group and have innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team.
• Driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead.
• Innovative thinking and supportive of others in creative thinking.
• Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for details.
• Execute entire design process for a given season.
• Research and develop seasonal trends, themes, concepts, color, fabric and styling and/or product form, function and manufacturing processes.
• Repeatedly create furniture designs that support merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
• Ensure product design package is complete, accurate and handed off to engineers, in-country partners and vendors.
• Maintains brand "P.O.V" (Point of View) and "P.O.D" (Point of Difference) through collaboration with design peers, merchants and vendors.
• Create and deliver effective, cohesive product presentations to "sell" concepts to merchants.
• Communicate effectively through the design lifecycle.
• Develop and manage seasonal calendars and meet all deadlines.
• Use strong organizational skills and scheduling skills.
• Demonstrate effective cross-functional & vendor-relations skills.
• Tracks department samples and ensures all samples are approved in a timely manner.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
• We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe.
• A technologically and data-driven business.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
• We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation.
• We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience.
• We get to be creative on a daily basis.
• A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
• We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative.
• We have fun!
We're excited about you because...
• Minimum 5 years of product design experience in home goods & furniture.
• Demonstrates strong attention to detail with the ability to design and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong sketching and ideation skills.
• Solid experience communicating with international vendors.
• High level of design aesthetic.
• Full proficiency in Mac operating systems with skilled excellence in SketchUp, Illustrator, Photoshop, AutoCAD, and additional 3D rendering programs.
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and décor industry. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision--to enhance our customers' quality of life at home--extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
• A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
• A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
• Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
• Tax-free commuter benefits
• A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
• In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University, LearnIt and AcademyX
• Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
• Quarterly sample sales
• A business casual work environment
• A bike share program
• Time off to volunteer
• Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
• Company-sponsored walks and runs
• Healthy, organic options in the cafeteria and an awesome salad bar
• Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances