Are you an innovative and aesthetic talent? Do you wish to set your inner child free to build ideas and designs for the world’s most critical audience?
We are looking for a passionate designer who gets inspired by shaping the future of play for creative kids all over the world. This is your chance to join our team of playful minds and help craft inspiring concepts and play experiences for the builders of tomorrow!
As a designer in the LEGO® DOTS team, your key responsibility will be to imagine and visualize future concepts, translating insights and trends into fun and engaging play experiences that encourage creative play and self-expression in kids.
This role requires you to:
• Have a consumer focus, thinking about the full user experience at every touchpoint
• Have strong sense of art direction and concept visualization through physical and illustrated concepts
• Think outside of the box, using fashion, global trends and popular culture for inspiration while also keeping an eye on how to implement the products in reality
• Capture and interpret relevant design research applying the most appropriate processes, methods, and activities with a special focus on user interactions and trends
• Communicate concepts and ideas clearly to design team and key partners in a comprehensive and simple way
Play your part in our team succeeding
As part of the DOTS Design Team, you will work to develop creative concepts and experiences which will become the LEGO® play of the future.
To help shape the builders and creators of tomorrow, you will collaborate with other partners to apply future trends, understand key play needs of kids aged 6-12 and develop ideas based on well-researched insights.
Do you have what it takes?
The ideal candidate:
• holds a bachelor or master’s degree in a design discipline; Product Design, Toy Design, Fashion Design, User Experience Design or other creative education.
• has at least 2-3 years of work experience within concept design, prototyping, product development or similar. Has also acquired proven knowledge of research and concept development, and is keen to grow their skills in kids’ needs and play patterns, in an innovative and international environment.
• Advanced English communication skills are required.
Furthermore, we are searching for a person, who is:
• able to handle colors and set color schemes, as well as usage of design software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Rhino, etc., are desirables.
• creative in challenging traditional ways of solving problems
• open-minded, with positive personality and ambitions to always strive to do things better
• user experience focused and enthusiastic about design, toys, and latest trends
• an outstanding teammate who can collaborate with colleagues and external partners, while driving a creative process
Please use the apply now button which will take you directly to the job portal on our website. Please upload - in English - your CV, motivational letter, and portfolio. Maximum upload size per file is 2 MB, but portfolio can also be shared via link clearly highlighted in your CV. Applications without portfolio will not be taken into consideration.
Join the global LEGO® team
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.