We are looking for a Designer to join our team—
As a Designer at Redscout, you are fully immersed in the work—you drive our project work forward, gathering relevant inspiration, generating multiple ideas and designs that push the status quo and help drive change for our clients.
Working at Redscout
At Redscout, we work with clients to define the future of their businesses and brands. We love diving into new categories and exploring the edges of culture, and working on problems that give us a window into how people think, work, and live. Scouts (that's what we call each other) have high standards for quality and a strong sense of community. We value learning, diverse lived experiences, original perspectives, personal growth, and mutual support. We're also entrepreneurial. This is not a place where you'll always have a template to work from, but you will always have a team to turn to for advice, help, and guidance as you create solutions together.
Design at Redscout
Design is one of Redscout’s three core disciplines: Client Services, Strategy, and Design. The Design team sets the quality and standards of the visual work Redscout produces, with a strong emphasis on branding, systems thinking, and digital design. Our practice is centered around
A multitude of perspectives
We each bring our individual expertise, historical references, creativity, and personal points of view into foundational stages of brand development, anticipating potential opportunities or challenges that could occur once a concept is materialized from words into expression.
We work closely with strategists and client managers, and view our clients and consumers as partners, finding ways and means to identify their needs and aspirations.
We look at cultural trends, identify the behavioral shifts behind them, and reimagine their futures. The work we do encourages our clients to embrace bolder, bigger ideas, and decisions that will transform their business because they can see it and understand it.
On any given day you might—
- Participate in the development of pitches, project approaches and methodology.
- Craft and delivering presentations and deliverables that provide clarity and impact.
- Design client workshops and meetings to achieve understanding and alignment.
- Mentor junior design team members on project work.
- Pull together and synthesize visual, verbal and field research to identify relevant themes, trends and takeaways.
- Ideate brand ideas, strategies, and design solutions that are relevant to consumers, culture and satisfy business objectives.
- Build successful collaborative relationships with your design, client services and strategy teammates.
- Set the creative direction across a variety of design challenges: interaction, product, packaging and environmental
What you bring—
- An ability to present with conviction and improvise as needed, answering questions and tailoring material to the conversation.
- Narrative persuasion and storytelling, using visuals and written language to appeal to both emotion and reason.
- Fluency in typography, layout and composition, image making, and systems thinking.
- A strong knowledge of printing techniques and process.
- Great attention to detail and ability to refine designs to final production quality
- An interest and ability to collaborate cross-functionally across disciplines
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Openness to receiving and giving feedback.
- Motion design experience is a plus.
What you can expect—
- Consistent mentorship to sharpen your professional and interpersonal development.
- Presentation training to develop confidence and hone your narrative skills.
- Frequent check-ins with your manager to track your progress and well-being.
- Annual reviews that provide holistic feedback and a plan for future growth.
- A channel for open communication with the leadership team to raise opportunities and challenges.
- Interactions with clients early and often.
Benefits and compensation—
We’re invested in one another’s wellbeing. As a result, we have a generous time-off policy that is standard across the company including vacation and wellness time, transparent pay bands that are competitive within the industry, bonding leave, and progressive health benefit options.
Equal opportunity employer—
Redscout is an equal opportunity employer; All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.