Designer, for bags, luggage and accessories.
Ricardo Beverly Hills is searching for an industrial designer with a passion for travel, keen eye for style and fashion, and understanding of materials and processes. The ideal candidate will have a experience designing from concept through to production, the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, and display endless inquisition. S/he must be a team player in their willingness to work with sales, marketing, and our global partners. Strong presentation skills coupled with the ability to influence design direction.
We are a global leader specializing in the design, innovation and marketing of luggage and travel accessories. We are committed to creating effortless travel experiences through our proprietary brands RICARDO BEVERLY HILLS, SKYWAY, and STEPHANIE JOHNSON as well as private label and licensed brands. We’re motivated by creativity, captivated by the west coast and obsessed with quality. Join us. Your next adventure awaits.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
• Professional experience of 5 years + in Industrial Design, Fashion or a related field.
• Passion for working at the intersection of designing soft and hard goods product.
• Ability to rapidly ideate, work independently, and describe concepts clearly.
• Ability to take designs from concept through development process to pre-production approval.
• Passion and understanding of trends and how to translate them into compelling marketable solutions.
• Acute sensitivity to color selection, matching, and material composition.
• Strong proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as MS Office (emphasis on Excel)
• Proficiency in 3D surface modeling (Solidworks or Rhino) a plus.
• Pro-active "can do" attitude and engagement with the others on the creative team.
• Advanced English language and clear communication skills.
• Research market and industry trends, participate in field research and presentations.
• Contribute to product design briefs and line plan strategies.
• Create compelling product solutions through both available and new materials/ constructions.
• Creation of detailed tech packs, BOM’s, and sample requests for factory handoff.
• Interactions with the company's sales and marketing teams.
• Actively learn and continually improve upon operational and manufacturing processes.
• Provide color and material approvals for bulk production orders.
• Travel domestically for trade shows, sales presentations, and field research.
• Opportunity to travel to Asia (up to 2x per year) to work directly with factories and suppliers.
Please forward resume and link to portfolio or examples of work (not exceeding 3mb).