As a designer, you’ll work in a small cross-disciplinary team to develop products from design through manufacturing. We’re looking for multidisciplinary product designers to interview users, ideate new products, create and test prototypes, develop client presentations, and work with engineering teams to design products for manufacturability. The perfect candidate enjoys taking on new challenges, is flexible to adapt to growing needs, is high energy and highly motivated, and wants to do meaningful work that creates impact.
Some qualifications and responsibilities for this position include:
- Research. Secondary and primary research, including ethnographic and user research and testing prototypes and products with a wide range of ages (children to seniors)
- Prototyping. Physical and digital prototyping to build up concepts
- Project Management. Track and execute projects on a timely basis
- Client Communication. Internal and external presentations and documentation
Some qualities we value at Sproutel:
- You are curious and enjoy learning. We’re often faced with new challenges, and celebrate diving into them.
- You are a collaborator. Teamwork makes the dream work. We look forward to pair programming, code reviews, whiteboard sessions, and lunch conversations.
- You have strong communication skills. We are storytellers, within the team and to our partners. Strong written and visual communication skills are part of collaborating effectively on our cross-disciplinary team.
- You are empathetic and emotionally intelligent. Sometimes things don’t go smoothly. A customer gets frustrated, a coworker bothers you, or a vendor slips behind schedule. Being able to solve problems while supportive and sensitive to those around you helps us build a company culture focused on respect.
- You are comfortable thinking in tradeoffs. Thinking in tradeoffs helps us focus our resources and our attention. Knowing when to push against constraints, embrace them, or create new constraints for ourselves is a critical part about setting direction.
- You think for yourself and you’re willing to speak up. The best antidote against groupthink! We value independent thinking and good conversation.
- You value simplicity. It is difficult to build complex things. It is even more difficult to take something very complex, and simplify it without sacrificing functionality.
- You value efficiency. Time is our most valuable asset.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, portfolio, and references.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.