About the Team
The Pottery Barn Kids product development team works cross-functionally with merchants, sourcing and vendors to drive each season's diverse product. We're a team of designers and facilitators that always look for ways to improve products and deliver the best quality and design to our customers. Join us!
About the Role
Under the direction of the Design Director, develop big ideas, product concepts and designs that achieve overall product strategy and merchant objectives on a seasonal basis. Manage design execution and lead product development process by working with major international manufacturers/vendors.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
• Execute the entire design process for a given season within the softline and hardline toy category for Pottery Barn Kids.
• Research and develop trends, themes, concepts, color, and manufacturing processes.
• Participate in competitive trend shopping, create mockups for concept presentations, and present inspiration boards to design leaders each season.
• Create product designs that support merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction. Product categories include plush toys, developmental toys, wooden toys, inflatables, decor and keepsakes.
• Ensure product design package is complete, accurate and handed off to vendors.
• Maintains brand POV (Point of View) and POD (Point of Difference) through collaboration with design peers, merchants and vendors.
• Create and deliver effective, cohesive product presentations to "sell" concepts to merchants.
• Communicate effectively through the design lifecycle.
• Develop and manage seasonal calendars and meet all deadlines.
• Use strong organizational skills and scheduling skills.
• Demonstrate effective cross-functional & vendor-relations skills.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
• We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe.
• A technologically and data-driven business.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits.
• We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation.
• We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience.
• We get to be creative on a daily basis
• A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
• We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
• We have fun!
We're excited about you because...
• You have a high design aesthetic and a strong point of view
• You pride yourself on attention to detail and can balance priorities in a fast-paced environment
• You have strong ideation skills
• BA in Industrial Design or related field
• 4+ years' experience in product design and development (toy and/or children's' soft goods experience a plus)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Flexible, positive attitude and a passion for kids' product
Technical Competencies required:
• Full proficiency in Mac operating systems with skill excellence in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.
• Proficient in sketching and illustration.
• Skill in crafting and sewing a plus.
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision--to enhance our customers' quality of life at home--extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
• A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
• A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
• Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
• Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
• Tax-free commuter benefits
• A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
• In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University, LearnIt and AcademyX
• Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
• Quarterly sample sales
• A business casual work environment
• A bike share program
• Time off to volunteer
• Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
• Company-sponsored walks and runs
• Healthy, organic options in the cafeteria and an awesome salad bar
• Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances