Dirigo Public Affairs is looking for a Social Media Designer to be embedded in one of their client's in Washington, D.C. The candidate will be working with one of the largest and “most powerful grassroots organization” around, according to Fortune magazine. Here’s your chance to take action in Washington, DC and throughout the US!
The ideal candidate will have at least one year's experience in digital design as well as experience in social media with an advocacy, political campaign, Congress, or an agency.
• Must have 1-year minimum experience working on an advocacy or political campaign
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite design programs, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Final Cut Pro
• Must have specific experience creating social media graphics and keeping up with the latest trends.
• Basic video creation/editing experience
• Must be skilled at basic copywriting based on approved campaign message framework
• Must understand and be an active participant in all things social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously with multiple audiences
• A portfolio that illustrates digital graphic design work and writing samples will be required
• Strong proficiency in MAC & PC platforms for file manipulations (Microsoft Office Suite)
• Develop a constant stream of visual content for clients social media and digital channels that engages members & the public in achieving our advocacy goals, including photos, videos, graphics, motion graphics, and data visualization for the purpose of driving advocacy actions
• Participate in advocacy video ideation, production, and dissemination, particularly rapid response videos that need to be turned around same day
• Ensure messaging and content on all visuals are consistent with approved campaign messaging
• Design offline campaign artwork upon request
• Propose and execute testing of content to identify most engaging and relevant assets for achieving campaign goals
• Work closely with Dirigo’s multicultural advocacy agencies to ensure their visual content meets Dirigo's standards and follows our campaign and Brand guidelines
• Liaise with agencies, vendors, and other Client departments as needed to create internal and external-facing advocacy content and facilitate project management