The J. Paul Getty Museum seeks to inspire curiosity about, and enjoyment and understanding of, the visual arts by collecting, conserving, exhibiting and interpreting works of art of outstanding quality and historical importance and is one of four programs of the J. Paul Getty Trust. The Museum operates two sites, the Getty Villa in Malibu, which exhibits its collection of Greek and Roman antiquities, and the Getty Center in Brentwood, which displays its collections of European art: Medieval and Renaissance illuminated manuscripts, paintings, sculpture, decorative arts, drawings to 1900, and photography to the present day (including non-European works). The Museum mounts approximately 25 temporary exhibitions a year across its two sites; maintains an annual permanent gallery improvement program, and offers wide-ranging and ambitious programming for its visitors.
The J. Paul Getty Museum seeks a Digital Designer to work collaboratively to ensure a consistent and brand-focused visual aesthetic of the Museum’s digital and web-based communications. This role will focus on a variety of external- and internal-facing communication and promotional materials, including electronic newsletters and invitations; digital information displays across Getty sites; digital promotional materials for public programs, and support the delivery of promotional assets for Getty’s website and social media platforms as well as support other museum communication and design needs.
The Digital Designer plans, develops, and designs welcoming, accessible, and engaging digital, print, and environmental communication solutions; provides digital design expertise to project teams working on public-facing projects, such as temporary exhibitions and public programs; and collaborates across departments and with outside entities to define project goals, context, and scope.
NOTE: When applying, you will be prompted to upload your resume. Please upload your cover letter, resume, and any other supplemental materials as a single PDF. Also, please note that a url for a digital portfolio will be required in application process.
• Plans, develops, and executes both digital and print design schemes and solutions for the communication and promotion of Museum activities, including internal and external communications for temporary exhibitions and public programs, working collaboratively in project teams (cross-department and/or cross-program) to agreed budgets and schedules.
• Conceptualizes and produces design deliverables for a variety of digital platforms and formats. This includes but is not limited to email, the Museum’s web assets, social media platforms, promotional channels, mobile applications, video, multimedia, and digital publication projects, event invitations, and digital signage for the Museum.
• Designs and codes email campaigns in coordination with communications and other museum departments.
• Generates digital and printed materials and coordinates the review and approval of designed assets, including presentations to project teams and senior staff.
• Works to implement Getty brand standards and exhibition graphic identity across all digital assets and communication platforms. Executes appropriate and accurate graphic files and specifications, in collaboration with project teams.
• Designs digital assets for promotional campaigns for exhibitions and other public facing projects, in collaboration with project teams.
• Integrates organizational systems, standards, and best practices into design solutions.
• Manages project specific administrative tasks such as project budgets, scheduling, procurement, and communication.
• May supervise the department’s volunteers and interns.
• Bachelor's degree in Design
• 3-5 years of design experience