As a Digital Product Designer, you will sit side by side with technology and product teams to envision digital experiences. Your work will elevate fintech products through compelling and clean design that reflects the needs of our clients. A systems thinker, you can see tough challenges from multiple perspectives and uncover the sweet spot among Northern Trust’s capabilities and business objectives to deliver value to our users.
What you’ll do:
• Be a curious, collaborative individual who leads with empathy and curiosity
• Collaborate with product owners, business analysts, designers, architects, and developers to validate ideas, designs, and interaction concepts
• Create user experiences, from low-fidelity sketches to high-fidelity mockups and prototypes
• Develop interactive data dashboards and visualizations
• Engage clients to identify areas of improvement and opportunity.
• Contribute back to our design system and team culture.
What you bring:
• UX or interaction design experience, and/or education in design or a related field
• Experience working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle, preferably in an agile environment
• Experience advocating digital experiences that navigate multiple perspectives from technology, product, and design to redefine existing experiences or imagine new ones.
• Clear growth mindset, looking for opportunities to learn and motivated to approach challenges proactively
• Experience designing web applications and using responsive design best practices
• Design thinking and UI/UX best practices, as demonstrated in a portfolio
• Ability to recognize, predict and incorporate use cases and user interactions in design
If you’re excited about working in the financial technology space and believe you’d be a great addition to our team, we’d love to review your portfolio. Experience in the financial industry is not required.