Taphandles is seeking a Junior Digital Sculptor/Designer with a ‘can-do’ attitude to join our award-wining design studio where we partner with some of the largest brands in the world to create one-of-a-kind tap handles, draught dispense systems and custom point-of-sale products. Our design-to-delivery cycle is short, and you will see your design work hit the market in a matter of months. The Junior Digital Sculptor/Designer will contribute to and assist in bringing brands to life from concept ideation through to full 3D renderings.
This is a hybrid position and the ideal candidate will be able to work 2 to 3 days per week at our Seattle headquarters. Each day bustles with teams committed to creativity, collaboration, problem-solving and fun!
• Collaborating with the project team to brainstorm and interpret project briefs
• Interpreting initial ideas and creating quick thumbnail sketches for review
• On a typical day you will touch 2 projects, generating thumbnail sketches, digital Photoshop and/or 3D Keyshot renders
• Keeping up-to-date with the latest design trends and advancements in design technology
• Developing an understanding of our broad manufacturing capabilities such as: metal machining, wood working, urethane casting, die-casting, injection-molding, electroplating, 3D printing, artwork decoration and more
• Developing professionally through mentorship with the best designers in the industry
• Opportunity to work in a positive, supportive and respectful creative work environment
• Winning! Our talented team of designers participates in design competitions where they are recognized professionally for their unique and innovative design work
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate:
• Degree in Digital Art, Industrial design or fine art
• A portfolio of work demonstrating strong character modeling in Zbrush or similar program
• Excellent hand sketching abilities for rapid thumbnail generation
• Proficiency in a variety of digital 2D and 3D software programs including Adobe Creative Suite, ZBrush or similar program (Rhino a plus), and Keyshot
• Ability to deliver high-quality artwork against tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
• Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Application Details & Process:
Please submit your resume and PDF portfolio (RecruitDesign@taphandles.com
Cover letter not necessary.
1. Portfolio screening
2. Introductory phone screening
3. Remote “Teams” interview
4. Skills test
Salary: $57,500 + depending on experience
Benefits: medical, vision, dental, disability insurance, 401(k), paid maternity/paternity leave, commuter benefits
Please note, this role is only open to those with US working privileges and unfortunately, we are unable to respond to all applications.
Taphandles, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.