Job Summary: Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications the Director of Creative Services leads all aspects of design and production for the organization’s content and serves as a steward of the Roundtable’s visual brand.
The organization is in the midst of exciting changes including building a new website, an organizational rebrand, the celebration of its 30th anniversary, the printing of the final issue of Philanthropy magazine, and the creation of new digital products such as podcasts, videos, and innovative online resources that serve our community of supporters.
The Director of Creative Services will be an important voice in these changes and will help create interesting and compelling visuals, especially across the Roundtable’s digital platforms, which complement the purpose and storyline of both existing and new content with the goal of elevating engagement with the organization’s content and its perception and reputation among the target audience.
The Director will also play an important role in managing the design process, production, and workflow of the creative services team within the MarCom department. This includes supervising the Creative Services Manager, various outside vendors, and collaborating with teams across the organization on their projects and needs.
Top candidates will be based in the Washington, D.C. area; we will also consider exceptional candidates based in other locations for remote employment.
Job Duties: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage, in partnership with the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, all business affairs related to design production and workflow needs
• Steward the organization’s visual brand across all products and ensure all items align with and reinforce the brand standards
• Develop sub-branding for events, projects, or digital communications, including logos and brand guidelines
• Create interesting and compelling graphics for the digital projects, including both web and social media
• Build, in conjunction with MarCom colleagues, components of the Roundtable website such as landing pages, forms, layouts, or visual components
• Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to create products for digital and print that are visually stunning and reinforce the vision, mission, principles, and strategic objectives of the organization
• Supervise and mentor the Creative Services Manager and coordinate workflow and responsibilities
• Orchestrate the creation, editing, and production of video and film, printed materials, and other items developed by the Creatives Services team within the MarCom department
• Oversee relationships with vendors, including but not limited to printers, mail houses, outside designers, and/or illustrators with a focus on quality, brand consistency, and economic efficiencies
• At least 8 years of graphic design experience, with an emphasis in your portfolio on digital design optimized for the web and social media.
• Expert mastery of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, AfterEffects, Adobe XD, and PremierePro
• Well versed in HTML/CSS, with experience in WordPress highly preferred
• Demonstrable experience managing a design team, including other graphic designers, workflows, and vendors
• Experience with video, film, and motion graphics a plus
• Must endorse and be comfortable working on projects tied directly to the guiding principles, mission, and vision of the Roundtable and its current strategic plan
• Highly organized with an ability to manage the details of multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to collaborate easily with multiple staff members to complete projects
• Ability to work independently and complete work without errors or sloppiness
• High energy, a willingness to work hard, and an innate desire to produce superior work
• High standard of honesty and strong ethical standards
Travel: Less than 5 percent of the time. All travel will be domestic.
Application Process: To apply please send cover letter, including your interest in the Roundtable’s vision, mission, guiding principles, and your salary requirement, along with your resume and a link to your portfolio, to Suzi Marchena at smarchena@PhilanthropyRoundtable.org.