WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
The toy business within the growing pet industry makes up about $2 billion in annual revenue. Bark wants grow our own brand within this space and bring our ideas to market in a smart and impactful way. We are looking for an experienced leader in toy design and product development who can help drive BARK’s growth.
- 7+ years of toy design experience - in short, you’re a toy design geek who lives and breathes toys. You might not have made a toy for a dog, but you understand how to create a great play experience.
- You’re an experienced design team lead and are able to effectively direct, inspire and develop the creative talent to perform at their maximum potential.
- You have several cycles of bringing a product from insight to design and production under your belt.
- You are passionate about the mission of changing the dog toy industry and have specific ideas on how to approach this challenge in new and unexpected ways. You have a track record for inspiring thoughtfulness and innovation in the toy space.
- You obsess over quality and customer satisfaction.
- Trends, customer insights and innovation drive your thinking and process.
- You can think both long and short term, and can prioritize an innovation pipeline while still pushing active projects forward.
- You’re funny. Our brand is funny.
- Most importantly, you’re ambitious, driven and think like an owner.
- Deep dive into dog and human toy trends, competitive landscape and customer insights to form a point of view on Bark’s opportunity spaces within the industry.
- Innovate on, grow and evolve our plush toy lines through new play experiences, new materials and more cost effective designs
- Ensure consistency in concept and style across all toy design (physical products)
- Work closely with our Sourcing Team to continuously improve quality and cost, while at the same time exploring new material and production methods
- Build, coach and mentor a toy design team
- Develop process and tools to maintain an innovation culture an entrepreneurial & disruptive approach to innovation within the toy space
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.