The Digital Experience (DX) Director role is a multifaceted job at the intersection of digital strategy, technical leadership and user experience. This individual is the main senior-level digital service contact across all client accounts. The DX Director sets the agency vision for how to best help our clients manage through digital transformation, and the talent and tech stack required to bring that vision to life to our clients advantage. The DX Director will champion the strategy, implementation, and project management phases of medium to large-scale web and mobile projects, in addition to projects that leverage emerging technology in digital marketing and product design. Acting as a liaison between internal and external stakeholders, you will be expected to lead those teams to the highest level of technical and design execution across projects.
The DX Director leads Cactus’ clients digital strategies in collaboration with agency leadership and other agency directors and staff across all departments (account leadership, brand strategy, comms/media, creative, production and project management). This individual oversees the hiring and management of internal DX team members, as well as external vendor partners. The DX Director is the accountable leader in the agency for ensuring the quality and efficiency of the agency’s web and technical deliverables.
The role involves oversight of the overall strategic digital direction of all Cactus clients, including integrated advertising and marketing accounts and digital only projects, and has primary responsibility for ensuring that client needs are met by monitoring and guiding account service activities and by maintaining an effective level of direct contact with the client and the internal Cactus team. The DX Director is responsible for growing existing accounts by offering new digital products & services, and ensuring that digital client work is completed on time and within budgets.
Lastly, the DX Director must be a passionate thought leader, and a catalyst for mentoring the agency in emerging trends and digital best practices, so that the agency can in turn offer strategic thinking and consulting to clients.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Lead and effectively manage digital experience projects, working collaboratively with other team members and account leads. This can include, but is not limited to: User Experience Design (UX), Web Development, Mobile App Design and Development, Ecommerce Solutions, Branded Digital Experiences, Digital Advertising and Marketing, UI Design, Emerging Technology, AR/VR, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
• Direct management and oversight of Digital Experience team members (user experience, development, design and prototyping).
• Lead and collaborate with other directors and staff in developing project plans, scopes of work, estimates and proposals to ensure proper timing, resources, and budgets are assigned, and that work aligns to the agency’s mission and values.
• Provide oversight and support to digital producers in developing detailed project plans that are informed by client and business needs, as well as ongoing project and production management activities, ensuring flawless execution of digital strategies and deliverables.
• Ensure that client projects are on time and on budget through consistent monitoring and communication with account, project management, production and accounting teams.
• Work with clients to identify potential risks in creative technology projects, and then collaborate with internal Cactus teams to put guardrails and processes in place to protect from these risks.
• Work collaboratively with agency Creative Directors to oversee the strategic digital design process, from discovery through high-fidelity prototyping. Empower staff to grow and develop their personal technical knowledge and skillset while advancing the project quality and deliverables.
• Oversee all digital, web and software development activities to ensure that Cactus is delivering our clients a quality product on time and on budget.
• Support the development team (and/or vendors) in the continuous improvement of Cactus’ web and software development approach and associated process.
• Collaborate with senior developers in- or out-of-house to select appropriate technologies for use in client projects based on requirements and industry standards.
• Record and enter accurate and complete timesheets in the appropriate software application on a daily basis.
• Review, arrange and/or approve meeting preparation, including, but not limited to, set up of space, agenda items and progression.
• This role will not be required to search for new business, but will play a lead role with the new business team in responding to digital RFP’s, or digital prospect opportunities.
• The DX Director will always be looking out for organic growth opportunities and be responsible for building tight and trusting relationships with clients.
• Ensure timely and quality client communication on digital projects.
• Maintain knowledge and awareness of clients’ digital projects and status of digital projects to provide assistance as needed and expected.
• Act as a brand advocate for the client and support and nurture a trusting business relationship that inspires confidence.
• Make every attempt to develop client’s confidence in your abilities and reliance on your perspective and professional opinion.
MANAGEMENT AND DIRECTORSHIP
• Maintains bi-weekly or monthly status with appropriate team members, other directors and CCO.
• Facilitates team member reviews, career path mentorship.
• In tandem with the new business team and other department directors, the DX Director participates in new business opportunities, proposals and pitches.
• Review and direct staff in the interpretation of the client’s business goals, image, history, and goods/services into a cohesive digital marketing and communications plan that will grow the business, sell more goods, increase the client’s standing in the digital space and, in general, achieve the desired results.
• Keep a pulse on client needs and opportunities in order to support account service leads, creative directors and other departments in proactively bringing digital solutions to clients.
• Supervise digital experience staff; assign clients and projects to staff for optimal use of resources and skills; set short- and long-term goals for development.
• Instill a passion for teamwork, communicating its benefits as well as supporting and defending our creative approach and the work of other Cactus departments.
• Drive team motivation and act as a sounding board for team issues, anticipating and resolving problems proactively.
• Maintain broad and in-depth knowledge of client’s industry, client’s internal organizational structure and environment, and client’s projects and status of those projects.
• Represent Cactus in a professional manner at industry events and gatherings as requested.
• 7 years minimum Agency management experience in similar role.
• Expertise in Internet technology and interactive marketing including proven experience and strong understanding of digital strategy, database architecture, usability design and testing, and web and web and mobile development.
• Expertise in digital project scope writing and estimating.
• Successful track record with managing teams, schedules and budgets.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to successfully relay technical information to a range of various audiences from non-technical to more technically sophisticated audiences.
This is a Denver-based job that is remote for now during COVID-19 workplace restrictions.