PORTER exists to imagine and curate unique brand experiences. We are passionate about the work and committed to providing the best possible outcome at every step. We are a dynamic retail marketing agency that designs, engineers, produces and installs fixture programs, store designs and experiential space for major brands around the globe.
PORTER is looking for an Environmental Designer with between 3 and 5 years of experience. As an Environments Designer, you will be developing, designing, implementing and preparing for the roll out of several brand-based solutions for PORTER’s clients in the retail and hospitality industries. In this role you will be working with designers of various functions from the inception of a project through to its fruition as a cohesive team focused on developing brand right solutions. A positive attitude, sense of humor and openness to give and receive constructive feedback are a must.
• Develop architectural design and visualization for a range of branded environments, structures and products in collaboration with in-house design team
• Assist throughout all phases of projects; planning and pre-design, schematic design, design development and production
• Collaborate with the PORTER team to deliver a cohesive branded approach to each experience
• Develop evocative 3D renderings that immerse our clients in our solutions and sell the effectiveness of our ideas.
• Create floor plans, site plans, material studies and production documents that will thoroughly communicate design intent to external architectural and production partners
• Select material samples and can put together a material board for client presentation.
• Additional duties as assigned
• An experienced 3D designer or architectural designer who can develop structural solutions that solve the challenges of a client brief, the complexity of a site and the goals of a consumer brand.
• A visionary thinker who can create bold, inventive solutions that define how brands connect with consumers
• An expert in how humans move through and interact with their physical space. A student of how built environments can influence the way people think, feel and behave.
• A detail-oriented and meticulous designer with zero tolerance for error.
Bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design, graphic design, industrial design or equivalent knowledge gained from education and/or work experience in design or related field.
• Proficiency in SketchUp and Adobe CC is a must. Expert proficiency in 3D based programs such as AutoCAD, 3D Studio, Cinema 4D, Rhino or Maya is also required. High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook and Internet applications.
• Ability to quickly communicate concepts and ideas through hand sketching.
• Ability to read, understand and create blueprints
• Excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills including analysis, interpretation & reasoning.
• Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Excellent multi-tasking, organizational and time-management/priority-setting skills
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
Include with CV. Work must be presented digitally, either as a PDF or online portfolio site in order to be considered for this position. Your portfolio should illustrate the process of design, from concept through finished renderings or production photos/examples. Concept exploration and seeing “how you got there” will be important to evaluate the quality and merit of your work.
More Stuff to Know //
Please submit your CV and portfolio to email@example.com for consideration. Please, no phone calls or recruiters.
PORTER conducts its business virtually. We do not have physical office space – rather, our team works from their home offices. Here are some of the essential traits you will have:
• Ability to be a self-starter.
• Work under remote management.
• Disciplined with time management.
• Responsive when your team is trying to communicate with you.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.