As the Executive Director of UX, you focus on partnering with clients to position UX as their strategic advantages and develop world-class user experience across physical and digital space.
You will be the architect for multi-disciplinary UX project, working with functional directors and subject matter experts to deliver integrated UX strategy, research, design, and implementation.
You are excited about the opportunity to help grow UX as a discipline and continuously improve Bresslergroup’ s capabilities.
The role of Executive Director of User eXperience is one of 3 Executive Director roles reporting directly to the partners of the business. The other positions are Executive Director of Design & Innovation Strategy and Executive Director of Technical Innovation. At a high level this role is a mix of sales and technical experience, where your technical know-how and deep understanding of product development services will help you define and close projects for our strategic accounts. Your business acumen will enable you to grow the services under your area of expertise and grow our business in collaboration with the other executive directors.
- Participate in firm strategy implementation by developing tactical implementation plans to achieve business objectives, working closely with the partners.
- Responsible for a book of business and revenue objectives for your area of expertise.
- Responsible, with other executive directors for functional discipline revenue goals.
- Actively collaborate with Account Managers to help them succeed in meeting their strategic account growth objectives.
- Actively collaborate with functional directors to help them achieve their discipline growth objectives.
- Coordinate with the leadership team to identify and develop new business opportunities. Author and presents compelling project plans, proposals, and presentations by working across functional disciplines.
- Author content and provide thought leadership for the company blog and enjoy speaking engagement in professional organizations.
- Develop and help manage strategic relationships with clients. Build trust, ensuring project solutions meet or exceed the client’s expectations and objectives.
- Lead clients through the problem definition and innovation process by planning and facilitating collaborative Design Thinking workshop sessions with client and key stakeholders.
- Influence senior management decisions regarding design and innovation strategy and lead key discussions.
- Analyze, distill, and present research findings to communicate compelling innovation foci to executive leadership.
- Orchestrate field research studies to uncover unmet user needs for our clients.
- Manage innovation initiatives across varied project types, including technically oriented projects.
- Help translate qualitative research into actionable insights and opportunities for product strategies.
- Craft strategic and actionable processes and plans for solving complex user needs -- leading to commercial success.
- Provide big picture feedback on project work and ensure that project objectives are being met and exceeded.
More About You:
You have a degree in Human Computer Interaction, Design, Design Planning, Marketing, Product Management, Business Strategy, Social Sciences, or related field. You have at least 15 years of work experience in strategic consulting. You have worked in consultancies and are familiar with how they operate and have a minimum of 5 years of consulting experience. You are familiar with the product design process and have a genuine interest in product design providing direction for technical teams. You have experience with digital experience design but understand the physical product experience as well. You have excellent writing and speaking skills. Any business-related experience or an MBA would be considered a plus.
You are clever.
You have a true passion for design research and innovation, as evidenced by your career and education choices. You are familiar with how to plan and conduct field research and have strong experience in early generative research. You have excellent writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills – all needed for frequent client interactions, research facilitation, and interviews.
You are curious.
You can successfully lead clients through problem definition and the innovation process during workshop sessions. You have a keen understanding of design thinking methodologies and tools and are constantly finding ways to improve them. You will be able to bring new and fresh thinking to the Design Strategy discipline at Bresslergroup. You like to explore new territories and learn from others.
You are confident.
You are comfortable with ambiguity and complexity, because sometimes that leads to the most unique, unexpected design solutions. You want to work in an environment where things move quickly, and you are happy to adapt as situations shift. You can travel to conduct workshops and field research work on average 10% to 20% of the time.
Please send resume and portfolio to email@example.com to apply!