FT Tenure-Track Faculty: School of Communications (Graphic & Interactive Design)
Quinnipiac University's School of Communications seeks applicants for a tenure-track faculty position in Graphic and Interactive Design with a specialization in web design and development, UX/UI, HTML, CSS, information architecture, and prototyping. The Department seeks candidates who will contribute to the diversity of our academic community. This position will begin in August 2021.
About the Department:
The Department offers B.A. degrees in Graphic and Interactive Design and an M.S. in Interactive Media and Communications. The strength of our undergraduate design program is an integrated, collaborative curriculum that provides a foundation in graphic design with special emphasis on UI/UX, web, mobile, motion, and print design. This student-centered Department has a strong sense of community and the faculty are highly collaborative in teaching, research and creative endeavors.
About the School:
We balance hands-on skills training with instruction in the liberal arts to prepare students for exciting and rewarding careers in advertising and integrated communications; communications/media studies; film, television and media arts; graphic and interactive design; journalism; and public relations. Our faculty includes award-winning professionals and internationally recognized scholars with extensive experience in their fields. We maintain a portfolio of more than 5,000 local, regional, national and international employers to connect with, and our student media organizations provide multiple opportunities for real-world learning experiences.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report's America's “Best Colleges” issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review's “The Best 380 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit http://www.qu.edu. An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University's commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success. The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University's innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
• Teaching responsibilities: instruct undergraduate courses each semester for fall and spring terms, including: Web Design 1, 2, and 3, Design Research and Methods, Typography, Basic Visual Design, Mobile Interaction Design. Opportunities exist for new course development and additional undergraduate and graduate teaching assignments
• Establishment of a research, or creative agenda that might also provide opportunities for student involvement
• Academic advising and mentoring
• Engagement in university and community service appropriate to interests
• University level teaching experience of design courses is required. Additional experience in delivering hybrid and online courses preferred
• Professional UX/UI experience preferred
• Fluency with industry standard software, methods, and content management systems
• Experience with Design Thinking, data visualization, social media, motion graphics, or other facets of design research will present an advantage
• Commitment to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community is expected
• Candidates should be able to address issues of race and representation in all of their courses. Our ideal candidate will also possess a keen awareness of the current issues around diversity, inclusion, and equity within the graphic design industry.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Applications must be submitted electronically and must include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, portfolio of professional design work and/or creative scholarship, portfolio of student work, evidence of excellent teaching, and names of three references. Portfolio materials can be submitted in PDF and/or as links to web sites. Application review will begin on April 1, 2021, and continue until position is filled.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2171313
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.