Designer of Soft goods / Business Cases
Francine Collections is an OEM brand Soft goods & Business case design company with global development innovative solutions. Our customers include; Dell, HP, Belkin, etc.. We are currently looking for a Soft / Hard Goods Industrial Designer for development at our Branford, Connecticut studio.
Your position involves a broad range of responsibilities that will support as well as drive Francine Collections mission, evolving product offering. You will work within our designer group to execute on brand and product-marketing goals, strategies and roadmaps. Projects and tasks may include, but are not limited to: soft goods products ranging from bags to sleeves, backpacks, briefcases, rollers and cut and sew accessories. You will create client presentations, sample & production specs, conduct sample reviews, develop CMF for mass production products.
We need you to be able to hit the ground running. Must be able to think on one’s feet to quickly and efficiently develop products ready for STYLE & FUNCTION, along with mass production.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
· 3-5 years’ experience in Soft / Hard Goods development and design
· At least 1-3 years experience with Soft / Hard Goods development and design ie apparel design, sneaker/ footwear, outerwear design or similar.
· Highly proficient in 2D & 3D computer software programs (e.g. Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, SolidWorks, CAD )
· Possess knowledge about materials and finishes and manufacturing processes
· Exhibit a strong knowledge of development processes. Including coloring, lab dips, measurement standards, fabrics, trims, and construction methods
· Have a great passion for soft / hard goods design as well as a genuine interest in fashion, art and culture
· Strong aesthetic sensibility and able to visually and verbally communicate through sketches, renderings and presentations
· Awareness of, and maintain, design timelines for multiple concurrent projects
· Be a cooperative, hardworking, open minded , positive person
· Have a Bachelor Degree in Industrial Design or similar
· Well organized with a high attention to detail and Quality
· Able to multitask and work efficiently under tight timelines
Works WELL in a team environment and take direction
· Must be eligible to work in the USA
· Ability to travel internationally and domestically
· Position is not a remote work opportunity and requires the candidate to be located at one of our offices in Branford, CT. Relocation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Plastic shield at work stations
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place