‘To Bring the Enjoyment of Sports to All’
Descente LTD is running an Apparel R&D center in Japan and a Footwear R&D center in Korea. Descente is determined to improve the competitiveness of its products and to become a global leader in athletic footwear. The state of the art facility opened its doors October 2018. It features human performance, consumer research, product testing and material laboratories, design studio, product sample room, a 50-meter indoor track and a 400-meter outdoor track, futsal pitch, basketball court and golf simulator.
The Footwear R&D Center aims at delivering game changing innovation through resolved world class research, development and design. If you value Creativity, Challenge, Integrity and Harmony, you are invited to apply to join our innovation and engineered design team.
Mission of ED
To create technically superior athletic footwear and footwear functional features based on sound engineering design principles and using 3D modeling. The design directions and visions will be derived from consumer insights gathered in the initial phase of the Innovation Cycle and input from footwear business leaders. ED will be responsible for all aspects of design from ideation to inline adoption.
• To create and refine new innovative footwear technologies, provide practical technical solutions that better the athlete
• Contribute ideas and design skills during DISC ideation sessions.
• Implement DISC vision and directions in designs
• Work closely with Material and Product Dev/Engineering teams to have designs realized into concepts and prototypes
• Lead storytelling and overview transition of DISC designs to in-line
• Hold a bachelor degree in engineering product design, industrial design or a related field with 5~10 year technical experience (At least 5 years in footwear)
• Demonstrated skills at using 3D CAD software. Experience with NX 12 is a plus
• Proven ability at designing and building novel footwear based on sound engineering principles and creative exploration
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with people across different disciplines and ethnical backgrounds
• Proven ability at juggling multiple priorities, manage expectations and deliver results in a timely manner
• Strong PR skills to communicate with internal/external groups and media
• Strong passion for sports
To dream, explore and create the future of performance footwear please send a letter of application and your resume (CV) to email@example.com