Make an impact with outstanding products from world-class brands including our 7 leadership brands: OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®.
We have an immediate opening for a Freelance Brand Design Manager position. This freelance position will be based out of our Edgewater, NJ location.
What contribution will I make to Helen of Troy?
This is a global position supporting the corporate brand (Helen of Troy) culture.
A key function of this position involves partnering with managers and associates across the global and regional marketing organizations of the company as a corporate brand expert. The Design Manager serves as champion of corporate brand and consistency acting as consultant to teams across the organization.
As a key co-owner of the brand, you will be the liaison (gatekeeper) between the corporate communications, social and marketing teams and will work to unify and personalize the corporate brand experience. You will collaborate closely with other departments to design and implement initiatives that tell the story of the corporate brand for internal associates, business partners, and investors.
What will I be doing?
• Champion of corporate brand visuals of all types. Keeping a vigilant eye on all corporate communications for excellent brand execution.
• Express Helen of Troy's brand voice in all aspects for both internal and external communication (presentations, video, business cards, signage, package, etc.)
• Guide execution of multi-platform initiatives, ensure a cohesive associate/consumer/customer journey from brand strategy, messaging and all touchpoints
• Create engaging content that inspires people to join the Helen of Troy organization
• Subject Matter Expert - consulting and providing approval on brand-relevant topics, approving the presentations of the brand in it’s visual, textual and behavioral appearance. This includes manning the “corporate brand” phone
• Responsible for maintaining the integrity of Helen of Troy's Brand presence
• Build and maintain a cohesive relationship to collaborate with all key stakeholders regarding corporate brand usage (Investor Relations, Executive, HR, IT and the business units)
• Feeding-back/Managing outside resources for corporate brand execution on items like videos etc.
• Set and help to prepare training sessions on corporate branding
• Managing outsourced design projects when the workload is large or if the work is outside our skillset (signage, Videos). Hands-on execution of design in some cases.
• Partner on creation of corporate branded products like pens, t shirts, etc.
• Partnering with HR to set up and lead corporate brand application training sessions created by 3rd parties
• Manage project schedules, documentation and budgets
• Working with individuals on PowerPoint/presentations execution of new branding (advising or educating/partnering)
• Direct video and motion graphic assets for internal and external use
• Work cross-functionally/partner to deliver promotional activities internally and externally
• Oversee the branding roadmap and act as a change agent to optimize branding
• Build and evolve the Helen of Troy brand through:
o Ownership and activation of the brand strategy
o Development of strategic marketing plans - in the US with visibility and influence across the globe
o Rallying teams toward a singular brand vision
o Partnership with brand peers across the organization and globe
o Development and ownership of brand frameworks to drive innovation, consumer experience, communication
o Oversight of brand learning plan
• Drive deep and actionable understanding of the brand strategy across the organization
• Implement and help create corporate brand design standards for packaging, collateral, and web assets
• Work on special projects such as launching new processes i.e. the online image library/digital asset management
What are the requirements for consideration?
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in related profession/field
• 6+ years experience in a related field
• Experience in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat required.
• Experience in an in-house corporate design department a plus
• Assertive and strong communication and able to work seamlessly with other departments
• Help organize and manage project deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple projects, remain flexible and adaptable in fast paced environment required
• Design artwork, collateral material and digital assets in a collaborative environment
• Collaborate with partners to create and implement design concepts for various projects
• Ability to align design solutions with strategic objectives
• Ability to lead initiatives, spot opportunities, and redirect where necessary
• Strong communication (writing, speaking and presentation skills)—ability to assertively sell ideas based on solid rationale and objectives
To learn more about Helen of Troy, visit us at www.helenoftroy.com
You can also find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, and Twitter.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.