Rising Tide Interactive is strongly committed to employing our knowledge of the internet to create positive change – helping Democratic candidates as well as organizations who focus on promoting social justice. We’re a full-service digital marketing agency dedicated to using data-driven strategy to achieve results that matter for our clients. We build winning digital programs by marrying our clients’ unique stories and goals with top-notch design, compelling narrative, and precise targeting.
We’re looking for a creative and persuasive writer with experience in writing email and landing page content for Democratic candidates and organizations to work with in a freelance capacity on an as-needed basis.
As a Freelance Political Email Writer, you will:
- Research, draft, and edit compelling email copy to effectively communicate client messaging and meet campaign/organizational fundraising goals
- Draft same-day content, receiving guidance/direction for email copy by 11:00 a.m.ET and delivering email copy by 4:00 p.m. ET
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 3+ years of professional experience in persuasive and/or political writing
- Can articulate how they’d go about writing for 5 distinct people/voices in one day
- Understands digital best practices and can point to past work in the digital space
- Shows genuine interest in advancing progressive candidates and causes
- Will always spot the missing Oxford comma, along with other minute but important details
- Takes constructive feedback well and incorporates it into future work
- This is an ongoing freelance opportunity beginning ASAP
- Needs vary week to week but average around 1-3 hours per week
- As an independent contractor, you will not be an employee of Rising Tide Interactive Rather you will function as a vendor, providing services on an IRS Form 1099 basis
- We’re open to hourly or by-draft compensation agreements
- This is a fully remote opportunity
- Include 2 samples of relevant political emails you’ve independently written
About Rising Tide Interactive:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACs, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change. Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2022.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.