Who we are
Studio TK, a Teknion Company, is a contract office furniture manufacturer located near Raleigh, North Carolina. Studio TK is focused on developing and manufacturing products that encourage social interaction, that can shape office culture and change the culture of work.
Social spaces are inherently dynamic.
At the spatial level, they can be adapted to any company and work culture.
At the individual level, they are responsive in the moment to all the ways people work and all that their work demands.
Whereas traditional, one-size-fits-all workstations are often constrained by their own prescriptive nature, social spaces are freeing, promoting a culture of choice, connection and community across the office. Check us out at – www.studiotk.com
What we are looking for
Studio TK is looking for a Furniture Design Engineer to join our Product Development team.
The right individual will be a self-motivated problem solver that enjoys the finite details of the product development process. Must be able to deliver results against established project timelines.
Responsibilities include, leading assignments focused on technical exploration and development activities resulting in extraordinary furniture design solutions that are manufacture-able, functional, aesthetically pleasing, and highly competitive within their targeted markets.
Role emphasis is on conceptual development activities including 3D modeling, prototyping, creating detailed drawings, documenting the development process, and acting as a liaison with outside vendors. Work under the supervision of design management as a technical lead with outside design resources and manufacturing to develop projects to a successful conclusion and market/production launch.
Skills and Expertise
1) Appropriate knowledge of product design and development processes
2) Knowledge of product engineering and manufacturing processes.
3) Experience or knowledge of upholstery material and processes.
4) Experience developing parts and systems for products, specifically furniture.
5) Experience or knowledge of castings, extrusions, injection mouldings and press form parts.
6) Experience or knowledge of processes involving wood and plywood manufacturing.
7) Knowledge of mechanical connections and fasteners.
8) Appropriate expertise with 3D product design software - Solidworks (or similar software).
9) Proficiency in digital design and communications software packages. Adobe, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office.
10) Ability to clearly communicate to suppliers, vendors, sample department and department heads with excellent verbal, written and drawing skills as a form of visual communication.
11) Experience in prototyping/model making and 3D problem solving.
12) Project Management – Planning and effective execution of projects within predetermined time and budget constraints.
13) Competency with the safe operation of hand and power tools.
Qualified applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Furniture Design, Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
Our state of the art facility is located approximately 25 minutes from Raleigh in Clayton, NC. The Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area enjoys one of the highest quality of life ratings in the United States based on multiple independent studies.
What We Offer
For the right candidate, this is an outstanding opportunity to be involved in the creation of an exciting new brand with the full financial support of a stable, successful manufacturing leader.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages which include medical, dental, optical, 401k and relocation assistance.
Studio TK is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity.
Studio TK's experienced staff invites you to find out why you should join our team. We are looking for experienced, quality-driven individuals who want to work in a growing, people-focused environment. Also our aggressive growth plans will create additional new career opportunities.
Please send your contact information, letter of interest, portfolio, and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org