DCO LA, LLC, is a specialized private label furniture upholstery studio known for its refined and meticulously crafted furniture. We are seeking a highly detail oriented, self motivated, and passionate person to join our production team. This is a full-time position. Open to recent graduates.
Main responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Quality Control
- Placing orders for wooden furniture frames (drawings made using Solidworks)
- Placing orders for metal components (drawings made using Solidworks)
- Custom drawings (using Solidworks)
- Troubleshoot and fix issues as they arise
- Keep notes/communicate with the industrial designer any ongoing technical issues and offer possible solutions.
- Receive/Check in sofa frames, dining chairs, tables, mirrors, etc. using provided shop drawings to ensure they were fabricated to the desired specs
- Communicate with vendors to keep firm lead times and quality in check
- Hands on assistance on the production floor when needed
- 4 year degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, or a related field
- Sound understanding of Solidworks for CAD (configurations, parametric modeling - will train the right person)
- Ability to read detailed shop drawings
- Have a sound understanding of high end residential furniture and an eye for quality of the highest standards.
- Have a passion and sound understanding for woodworking and fabrication methods across a number of mediums
- Clear verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with colleagues and vendors
- Be extremely organized and able to manage multiple projects at a time
- Strong analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities
- Working knowledge of standard industry tolerances
- Comfortable working with computers for tracking production, emailing, etc.
If you feel that you are a great fit and would love to join our passionate team, please email a cover letter, resume and any examples of work that you may be willing to share to firstname.lastname@example.org - Please highlight any additional skills and experiences you bring to the table.