The Associate Manager, Global Design – Ideal User Experience will lead 3D design innovation and work cross-functionally to ensure that all product attributes support a holistic experience. They will partner with world-class design agencies to develop best-in-class work. They will lead, influence, and inform multiple initiatives from ideation to commercialization ensuring key insights and original intent are maintained as they are brought to market. The individual will also partner with internal teams such as R&D and marketing applying frameworks to define the experience at the brand level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Evangelize the power of design; motivate team engagement for RD&E, Marketing and Research to deliver a competitive advantage to SC Johnson; Be an agent for change.
• Lead product and package design projects to deliver holistic brand experiences and drive sustainable growth.
• Lead the end-to-end product development process from creative storytelling through production.
• Ensure design solutions solve relevant business problems, on budget, and on time.
• Partner with world-class design, innovation, and product development agencies to develop best-in-class design, as well as global equity guidelines (especially 3D).
• As a system thinker, adapt strategies and/or processes to meet changing market and competitive conditions while considering brand/business impact.
• Develop future innovation concepts which deftly synthesize user insights, sustainability targets, and technical considerations to build equity experiences across structures, packaging and products.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in product design/communication design/design strategy/design management or related degree
• 5+ years of professional experience in a design/marketing agency, FMCPG, or related industry
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Strong core design creative abilities, especially early ideation methodologies, and concepting
• Strong strategic background in Design Thinking methodologies, NPD development, and innovation processes
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization
• Experience managing complex projects across functions
• Exceptional leadership skills
• Must be collaborative and able to chart innovative vision with cross functional partners
• Experience supporting production/commercialization phase of product development
• 3D CAD modeling capabilities (SolidWorks/Rhino 3D preferred)
• Ability to work independently and influence project outcomes
• Position based at SC Johnson Campus in Sturtevant, WI
• Travel up to 15%.