The Graphic Designer and Multimedia Producer partners with library units to advise and create communications and marketing materials including print and digital ads, motion graphics, websites, email campaigns, multimedia presentations, and other promotional materials. The position provides technical expertise for telling stories using video and still photography, video and audio editing, web design, graphic arts and animation, and interactive multimedia.
The Graphic Designer and Multimedia Producer provides leadership and expertise in designing and planning for future development and enhancement of the Libraries’ comprehensive web presence that aligns with the Virginia Tech website.
The Multimedia Graphic Designer and Video Producer supports the most effective use of the University Libraries’ video channel (currently Kaltura) to enhance video collaboration between central University Relations and the University Libraries.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, art, graphic design or a related field with comparable professional experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Create Suites: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Proficient in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or other equivalent web content management system.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing web analytics.
- Strong photography and videography skills.
- Proficient in handling video and audio equipment as well as editing software such as Final Cut Pro X or Premiere.
- Knowledge of best practices in graphic design and current design trends.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and managing multiple projects with multiple timelines.
- Must possess strong analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills as well as exceptionally strong communication skills.
- Skill and understanding of HTML and website management.
- Must be able to lift and move equipment weighing 25 pounds or more as needed for the handling of video and audio equipment
- Requires valid driver's license in good standing
- Must be willing to travel as needed to the University Libraries branches for support, these include branch libraries in Blacksburg, the National Capital Region, and the Health Science and Technology Innovation District in Roanoke. Travel to these areas will be on a limited basis
- The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
- The application package needs to include a resume, cover letter addressing the candidate's experience with the responsibilities associated with the position, and the required and preferred qualifications, and names of three (3) references and their contact information. Also, include a portfolio of work as either an attached document or include a link in the cover letter.