A safer, protected, and sustainable world. The Association for Materials Protection and Performance (AMPP) is a not-for-profit global community of professionals dedicated to materials protection through the advancement of corrosion control and protective coatings. AMPP protects infrastructure and assets worldwide through member and workforce education and credentialing, company accreditation, technological innovation, and global standardization.
Employee benefits include:
• A wonderful culture of dedicated professionals
• A competitive benefits package with (Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life and AD&D, and 401k)
• Flexible schedules
• Compressed workweek options
• And more!
Conceptualize and produce creative designs/layouts and print-ready artwork for a wide variety of graphic/marketing products including but not limited to conference programs, ads, flyers, brochures, direct mail, web banners, signage, publications, social media elements, presentation support graphics and other collateral materials according to AMPP's brand guidelines and standards which are produced on time and within budget. Position may be remote for applicants outside of Houston, TX.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Consult with client to review project objectives, target audience, specifications, special instruction and budget if applicable.
• Create designs, concepts, and develop sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts including size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, type style and size selection, etc. and in accordance to client instruction.
• Create, scan, photo retouch and/or position photos, line art, illustrations and other graphics using software applications best suited for accomplishing each objective.
• Produce proofs for review by client(s), proofreaders, and others. Make corrections to electronic files as indicated on returned proofs.
• On approval from client, prepare electronic files and accompanying materials for final output, include as needed: disk, final laser proofs, final color proofs, sample layout or folding dummy, electronic file directory, etc. and upload files to appropriate FTP site as necessary.
• Design book covers, create page layouts, and produce final print-ready files for assigned AMPP books.
• Design and produce final print-ready files of magazine covers, feature article layouts, and supplements as assigned for AMPP publications.
• Design and produce digital newsletters, interactive PDFs, and brochures
• Design and produce web graphics, landing pages and email templates as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines, prioritize/manage schedules, and maintain project records for multiple projects simultaneously.
• Artistic Skills - Good eye for layout, type, and color. Can integrate supplied and/or stock photos and illustrations with text. Can organize fairly complex and chaotic source materials into simpler, integrated, coherent printed piece or final product. Has an understanding of readability issues in typography. Can montage photos attractively; decide when to use various effects. Some drawing skills.
• Creativity - A talent for creating unique and practical design elements that are also effective (from a marketing standpoint).
• Technical/Computer-Graphic Skills - Can produce files that will consistently image properly to film in prepress stage. Understands color separation, optimization of scanned images. Can manage and resolve support issues related to Mac OS platform, equipment and software. Extensive knowledge of Macintosh desktop publishing systems, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, and working knowledge of InCopy) and other graphics computer programs and web graphics software, scanning equipment, PC.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of paper stock types and weights, printing options, special printing processes and techniques.
• Motion graphics, Apple Final Cut and Motion knowledge a plus.
Some travel is expected for this role.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Associates Degree with 2 years associated working experience, or Bachelor’s Degree
• 3-5 years working experience in graphic design and electronic desktop publishing.