Type: Full-time, Salary Exempt
Location: Boise, Idaho
WPS is seeking a talented, motivated Graphic Designer with ambition to take responsibility for design concepts and full design cycle of a variety of creative marketing projects focused to the powersports market.
The ideal candidate will preferably hold a BA in Art and Design, be a powersports enthusiast, have at least 2 years of experience working in a fast paced creative environment, exhibit the ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines, be extremely confident with design principles, problem solving, innovative typography and possess clean layout skills as well as demonstrated professional communication and interpersonal skills of the highest level.
This position will support the Marketing team in research, concept development, design and execution of creative projects such as ads, brochures, corporate identity, packaging, presentations, promotional displays, signage, websites, etc. Applicants must demonstrate a strong attention to detail and understand design from a marketing perspective.
**ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY MUST SUBMIT A PORTFOLIO OF WORK, OR A LINK TO A PORTFOLIO OF WORK, IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION**
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adhere to a brand specific visual communication standard (typographic, photographic, illustrative and layout)
• Handle day-to-day “drop-in” design requests from brand and product managers (e.g., signage, POP displays, tradeshow booths, packaging, posters, etc.)
• Design and maintain current rotator graphics for the websites of our many in-house brands
• Solicit quotes and estimates for services needed to execute projects
• Research and purchase stock imagery as needed
• Photo masking, color correction and enhancement
• Prepare graphics for email blast
• Clip-out (Mask) images needed for web content use
• Build graphics for press or new product releases
• Build graphics for annual new line releases
• Resize existing advertisement to run in a number of publications with varying specifications
• Output and submit print ready files optimized to the specifications of each individual publication
• Other duties as required
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• BA with an emphasis on Art and Design
• 2+ years of experience working in a fast-paced marketing environment; experience with powersports products a definite PLUS
• Demonstrated competency in responsive web design and UX
• Demonstrated competency in print production
• Strong design, typography, layout and color skills
• Ability to multi-task and work within deadlines with a solid attention to detail
• Highly fluent in standard industry tools, to include but not limited to, Adobe Creative Suite
• Demonstrated understanding of the design process
• Strong understanding of current design trends and effective visual communication
• Strong sense of collaboration with the ability to communicate clearly in problem-solving and concept development exercises with the marketing team and/or project teams
Love the great outdoors? Love being a part of a fast-paced, expanding community of passionate motorsport enthusiasts? Well we do too. As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket powersports parts, apparel, and accessories we believe in working hard and playing harder. We sell fun products, delivering to a nationwide network of dealers from multiple warehouse locations around the country. Beyond our enthusiasm for the powersports industry, WPS is committed to the lives of our employees and provides many perks. Take advantage of a fully groomed motocross track during scheduled company ride days; get in a lunchtime workout session at our state-of-the-art gym facility, complete with half-court basketball court; play ping pong, darts or use the pool tables in the company break room. We provide a comprehensive package of benefits to all qualifying employees which include Medical, Dental, Vision Reimbursement, Life and Supplemental insurance; 401K and ROTH 401K with 100% company match to 3%; paid Vacation, Sick time and Hospital time; competitive pay and an exciting work experience!
Any offer of employment subject to a candidate successfully completing a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Collect your best work and submit it to the 2020 Core77 Design Awards — it will go in front of a group of the top designers practicing today, and winners will claim vast bragging rights, media attention and an amazing trophy.
Enter today to beat the looming regular deadline – March 9th!Enter the C77DA x