Graphic Designer / Creative Ninja
BISS Product Development is a small, creative, and fun product development company located in the beautiful Lake Norman area, just 35 miles north of Charlotte, NC in Troutman, NC. We prosper on designing new, innovative and patented products for our two brands, Risk Racing and STKR Concepts. RISK is a powersports company with a focus on motocross, while STKR Concepts is a consumer products company with a focus on innovative lighting. Our office space is modern and casual. Our team is energetic, collaborative and supportive. Come join us!
We are currently seeking a professional and motivated Graphic Designer / Creative Ninja to join our team. The qualified applicant must possess a positive spirit, a mountain of creativity, a passion for design, a strong work ethic, and the design skills to back it all up!
At BISS we take our own product ideas from an initial sketch through to 2D & 3D designs, prototypes, tooling, production, and eventually to the store shelves. We are looking for a talented and creative designer to wants to be deeply involved with every step of the process, including helping to create the packaging, photography, web design, clothing design, marketing and promotional materials, demo and promo videos, social media content, and all of the graphic elements that support the products we design. Basically, we do everything “in-house”, and we want someone who has a diverse enough skill set to be a productive member of this unique process.
It is essential that the right candidate possess an ability to handle multiple projects / tasks at the same time, be flexible, and have creativity and skill in all aspects of design (Graphic / Photography / web / etc.).
THE DETAILS OF THE JOB
Since we are not just a design consultancy, or merely a small department of a large corporation, we get to handle all aspects of the product cycle. As a result, this position will have the opportunity to work on “all things design”, and will utilize their creativity and skills every step of the way. This includes, packaging design, graphic design, web design, marketing materials, demo videos, social media content, etc. We dabble in a wide variety of products and markets, so this person will get to use their creativity and talent to produce content in many different ways. This is the perfect opportunity to expand your horizons and enhance your career.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• A creative ninja with a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, and have at least 1-5 years of professional design experience.
• Ability to develop original ideas, as well as ideas passed down from management, and take them from concept to reality.
• A strong portfolio with examples of relevant project work that demonstrates your creative process, imaginative designs, and your diversity as a designer.
• Strong sense for branding, brand identity, sales, sense of fashion and current trends.
• Experience in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are a must. Additional software knowledge is a plus!
• Must be able to take ownership and responsibility for various projects, and have the ability to deliver within given deadlines.
• Must be able to create visually stunning materials that effectively communicate the fine details and marketable features of the products.
• Proficiency in Graphic Design is a must, but a talent / skill in web design, photography, videography, is a plus. As mentioned, this is a small company and we do it all in-house. We are looking for a team player who is ready and willing to wear a lot of hats and dive right in with us to create great content for all of our products.
• Our two brands fall into the powersports, outdoor camping/hunting/fishing, automotive, hardware/hand tools industries. An interest in those industries is a plus!
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR TALENTS FOR THIS POSITION
This is an In-house position based in Troutman, NC which is located just 35 miles north of Charlotte, NC in the beautiful Lake Norman area.
*********We are not looking for remote designers, contract designers, or design consultants so, if you are NOT looking for a full time, in-house position, please do not apply.*************
Learn more about our brands to see if what we do excites you.
• STKR Concepts: www.stkrconcepts.com
• Risk Racing: www.riskracing.com
• Full-time position
• Amazing work environment
• Great work/life balance
• Generous Medical/Dental/Vision
• Paid Holidays/Vacation/Sick Time off
• Be part of an amazing team!
If you are interested in this position, please submit your:
• Cover letter
• PDF portfolio (or link to portfolio) – You will not be considered without examples of your work.