You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Graphic Designer at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
Herman Miller's Brand Design Team is seeking an experienced, system-oriented Graphic Designer. The ideal Graphic Designer will have an affinity to the Herman Miller brand, be organized in nature, and exhibit a high level of craft and attention to detail. You'll need a demonstrated ability to create excellent brand standards, typography, and hierarchy for expressions at all touchpoints. You should be a problem-solver by nature, investing time in research to have a holistic and compassionate understanding of the problem at hand. You will present your work with sound strategic reasoning and strong creative rationale. Experience working in a variety of media (digital, print, and environments) is preferred.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Help establish graphic, format, and process standards to be implemented and maintained by others. - You will hire appropriate resources in the areas of photography, illustration, and possibly design appropriate for programs and projects.
- Help establish integrated design direction in support of Herman Miller's corporate voice (in communicating to customers), with an emphasis on the visual interpretation of Herman Miller's corporate image. You will understand and consult on the best solutions for communications problems presented by internal partners.
- Work collaboratively with program and project team members to achieve the best solution for the communications problem. You will persuasively present complex conceptual proposals and information to groups and individuals to gain agreement and explain directions; answer questions or objections as to how the proposal responds to business needs; and facilitate discussion to clarify purposes and objectives. You'll also provide clear, meaningful, and constructive feedback to internal or external resources that are implementing programs, projects, or standards.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design.
- Three or more years of experience in implementing graphic design projects and programs.
- A thorough knowledge of design production for both print and electronic media.
- An understanding of both Macintosh and Windows platforms and their use.
- Proven experience in photo art direction.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. You'll also need to be proficient in PowerPoint. Knowledge of Flash and HTML is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex projects in a timely manner.
- Proven organizational and time management skills. You must also be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently being used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.