Pace University, located in New York City, is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides. To continue our impressive growth our University Relations (UR) department is seeking a Graphic Designer.
As an an integral member of a team of designers, editors, writers, and production staff that produces the University’s marketing materials you will operate in an agency-style environment within University Relations. The primary function of this role is to conceptualize and design engaging, multi-platform communications and strategically align with Pace’s new brand platform. Reporting to the Executive Creative Director, the Graphic Designer assists with the implementation of the overall Pace brand, while ensures consistent visual messaging of print and digital formats. Managing multiple design projects, often on tight schedules, the Graphic Designer is expected to be creative, collaborative, and able to work and problem-solve independently. They maintain an in-depth knowledge of current, new, and emerging technology as related to graphic design, motion, and video editing tools.
• Creates digital and print communications, including university branded marketing collateral (video/motion graphics for web and social media, publications, web banners, electronic direct mail, and newsletters, etc.)
• Works collaboratively across various units within University Relations and throughout the University in managing design projects. The ideal candidate thinks conceptually and transforms ideas into effective and engaging outcomes.
• Maintains overall brand identity in all marketing communications.
• Schedules photography and assists on photo shoots. Selects and organizes photos for archival and the development of marketing materials.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field, 4+ years of applicable work experience (agency, in-house publishing, academic, or combination).
• Present a digital portfolio of samples that demonstrate creativity, solid design skills, and sharp attention to detail.
• Demonstrated technical expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat). An emphasis on proven experience and past samples with video/motion applications, Premiere Pro, and After Effects.
• Understanding of user-focused web communications and UI/UX principles. Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS as well as web standards; Knowledgeable in browser compatibility.
• Strong photography sensibilities and understanding of current photo trends is a plus.
• Work well as a member of a team; understand the importance of “client service.” A self-starter who has the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and consistently deliver quality work.
• Experience in print production and troubleshooting.
• Detail orientated and organized while possessing excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Successful candidate will be able to take direction, while also be able to provide solid visual input and project manage their own workload. Someone who really loves design and the ability to creatively move the “needle.”
Please apply at: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/19324
About Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.