Gunn | Jerkens is a boutique marketing communications agency in Long Beach, CA that believes in creating compelling brands, campaigns and strategies to engage, move and inspire. We are a collection of diverse multidisciplinary experts who concept and create for brands, print, digital (social/motion/web/mobile) and environmental.
We welcome unconventional ideas, care about the well-being of our team and are passionate about our industry. During an unprecedented year, we continued to motivate our team and make their needs a priority (just as we do every year), with increased compensation, bonuses, WFH reimbursement, 401k contributions and team-building activities.
Gunn | Jerkens is looking for a passionate and versatile graphic designer who is highly conceptual and has an excellent design aesthetic. The perfect addition to our team is someone who brings a variety of skills and unique experiences to the table, has impeccable attention to detail, a great attitude and a lack of ego. You must be very comfortable working collaboratively every day with a team of fellow designers, strategists, writers and developers.
Role & Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Create designs from concept through production
• Design brand deliverables in various mediums/formats – print materials, emails, websites, web assets, social media assets, brand materials, presentations, etc.
• Collaborate with team members and provide expertise in all areas of design, including layout, type, color and style composition
• Organize creative assets for collaborative use
• Assist with production tasks as needed
• Work independently as well as in a group and with guidance from other team members
• Ensure that projects are completed according to rigid timelines and actively communicate progress
• Ensure that our creative outlook is trendsetting, of outstanding quality and ahead of industry competitors
Experience & Skills:
• 7+ years of experience as a graphic designer
• A passion for design, strong conceptual thinking and excellent design aesthetic
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design, marketing or related field
• Advanced to master-level knowledge of InDesign and Illustrator
• Intermediate-level knowledge of Photoshop and XD
• All other Adobe Creative Cloud apps knowledge a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint a plus
• A broad portfolio of work, which must cover branding, print, web, mobile and social
• Environmental and signage design experience a plus
• A strong background in branding, from logo and color palette development to brand collateral and beyond
• A solid understanding of design and best practices for print and digital (web, mobile and social):
PRINT: Solid knowledge of traditional printing methods and techniques
DIGITAL: Solid knowledge of web delivery formats
• Must be extremely comfortable working within very rigid and tight deadlines and be “your own project manager” to multitask and balance multiple projects without sacrificing design quality
Who You Are:
• You thrive in a collaborative team environment but are also able to work independently
• You’re a good listener, you’re not afraid to ask questions and you take feedback in a positive manner
• You have a great eye and impeccable attention to detail
• You are committed to excellence and high standards
• You have a great attitude and a lack of ego
If you’re interested, please send your cover letter, resume and links and/or PDF samples to email@example.com. Any resumes that are not accompanied by samples or links will not be considered.
Local applicants only. No recruitment firms, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer