UATX is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to support the creation of a new university in Austin, TX. UATX is seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to create and implement beautiful, mission-focused branding, social media and website graphics, donor material, and other visual designs. The Graphic Designer will report to the Vice President of Communications and will work in close partnership with the organization’s advancement and academics teams to advance UATX’s mission. This Graphic Designer will be involved in executing others’ ideas and will take the lead in helping the organization develop its brand and design culture.
The ideal candidate is an individual who wants to grow with UATX and within the role during this exciting time of development. Using the technology and tools provided, the Graphic Designer will aid in establishing UATX’s brand and marketing identity.
• Lead the organization’s visual design identity and take a proactive role in developing its marketing–from generating ideas to executing them.
• Produce cohesive, visually appealing graphical content within branding, social media, website, and donor material that clearly articulates and celebrates UATX’s mission.
• Partner with the university’s various teams to communicate UATX’s vision to the public and to donors.
• Lead the creative development for UATX’s ideas in graphic formats, including images and infographics.
• Create digital and print assets for fundraising efforts, such as one-pagers, brochures, personalized notes, etc.
• Assist in managing newsletter content.
• Design graphics for and aid in management of social media visuals across various channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• 2+ years’ experience exclusively in graphic design
• Demonstrated experience in advanced creative tools; Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• BFA in graphic design
• Basic video editing and motion graphics skills
• Basic Squarespace and HTML skills
Skills and Abilities:
• Enthusiastic self-starter
• Possess a strong strategic focus with exceptional attention detail
• A strong eye for turning ideas into beautiful designs
• In a high-pressure environment, ability to manage multiple tasks, shifting priorities, and tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Sit for long periods of time at a desk, working on a computer
• Repetitive movements
• Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls
• Be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
EEO / AA STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
UATX does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.