Position: Graphic Designer/Illustrator
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Our entire Creative team is housed in New Haven, CT (65 miles north of NYC) inside a charming mid-1800’s converted factory building; our studio is nestled amongst tinkerers and thinkers of all sorts. Our corporate headquarters are located in Mason, Ohio
Up With Paper, the largest manufacturer of pop-up greeting cards, has an immediate opening for a talented Graphic Designer/illustrator to add to our in-house design team. If you appreciate pop-up greeting cards/books, have a fondness of the greeting card industry, or just love fine design and seeing your creations on products in the global market, this may be a fit for you!
We will fully nurture and train the right detail oriented candidate, however, an experienced Graphic Designer that can also bring an eye for trend-setting design with solid illustrative skills will be most highly considered. Social Media skills and experience with preparing prepress is also a benefit.
It is our philosophy to design in an environment where we love what we do and where we can be stimulated by the creative diversity that each of us have to offer. We are a close-knit group that appreciates hard work and the rewards that our collaborations bring.
A long-term commitment with advancement potential including domestic and international travel is available for the right candidate.
We are looking for a highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated designer that can work in a fast paced environment while managing multiple deadlines. The best candidate must be fluent in Creative Suite in conjunction with the ability to illustrate original concepts for UWP products.
• BFA or Equivalent
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in related field (can include time in college)
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design)
• Fluency in Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of prepress production and print production
• Enthusiasm and strong understanding of typography and layout
• Knowledge of web design principals
• Preferred: knowledge of specialty printing including embossing, foil stamping, and glitter applications.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Work under direction of Art Director and Creative Director
• Experience applying brand guidelines to projects
• Participate in design concepts
• Design collaboration skills
• Effortless sketching skills to quickly convey concepts
• Social Media and Marketing Skills
• Assistance with trade show set-up and break-down 2-3X/year
• Occasional travel to domestic and international trade shows
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: A full benefits package is provided including 401K, health insurance, life insurance, health savings account, paid holidays, PTO, flexible hours, and profit sharing when the company is profitable.
How to apply:
Please send résumé, cover letter including salary requirements and link to portfolio to:
(include “Graphic Design” in subject line of email.)
No phone calls please.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.