Wright, the premier auction house for fine art & design is looking for a graphic designer to join our in-house creative team. Our design crew is a small but mighty group of hands-on graphic designers, art directors, and developers who actively collaborate to design & maintain our three brands: Wright20.com (Chicago, IL), ragoarts.com (Lambertville, NJ) & lamodern.com (Los Angeles, CA). Reporting to the Creative Director, you will support our design initiatives, collaborate with team members and own design deliverables for our daily needs. The Graphic Designer will help strategize visual directions for auctions & collections, collaborate on new digital technology for our websites, and work with the creative director to uphold the brand standards across all collateral. The design team works with the developers and stakeholders to build upon our existing frameworks with design-forward presentation and a digital editorial experience that are unparalleled in the auction industry. The exciting content we support is an added bonus for any design enthusiast: from mid-century modern & contemporary design, turn of the century ceramics & postmodern sculpture to jewelry & watches, we work with museum-quality art & design. The creative team collaborates closely with our photographers, editors and founders to tell the stories of the unique items we are bringing to market. Wright values design-forward presentation as a distinguishing element of our brand identity in the auction world——we're passionate about design and aesthetics! With much growth in the past two years ——locations across three time zones & colleagues across the country, the Designer works with the creative team to ensure an elevated user experience that is in keeping with a boutique luxury brand. The design team produces award-winning books & catalogs, and provides on-going support to all locations by way of proposals, social media creative, branded collateral, video promotion, email marketing and advertising.
– You have sensitive typographic skills and experience designing for dynamic digital editorial
– You value collaboration, seek feedback, and actively work to better your solutions
– You like thinking like a developer: solving not just one creative brief, but thinking of adaptable long-term solutions that support design & development for posterity
– You want to find a place where development and design intersect & creative presentation is valued alongside technology
– You'd like the chance to collaborate with photographers, and test your skills with motion/video in a creative team environment
– You're interested in contemporary art, design and vintage luxury
– You can work autonomously and juggle simultaneous projects while still meeting the required deadlines
– You are open to constructive criticism and can make on-the-fly changes as directed
– You can strategize a design campaign across digital platforms & are an advocate for brand consistency
– 2-5+ years experience in professional design studio or agency
– Solid experience with current digital technology, design for web, responsive & mobile design
– Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
– Experience using Figma
– Experience with Mailchimp templates / basic html
– A basic understanding of html/css capabilities
– Bonus: After Effects / Final Cut pro / video editing experience
– Bonus: experience working with photographers and/or expertise in photography, retouching & post-production
– Bonus: experience working within Luxury, Arts and Media Institutions or Technology brands
Ultimately, Wright's team is searching for a professional, team-oriented individual who is committed to creating the highest level of design in the industry.
The creative team is primarily working from home at present, meeting weekly for in-person collaboration & studio time.
As an employee you will be eligible for a benefits package that adds to your overall compensation. Wright subsidizes Health Insurance as well as Dental and Vision plans. Life and long-term disability insurance are included at no cost. You Are eligible to participate in Wright's 401K program, with a fully vested employer contribution match of 3% each year.