We are American Greetings.
We are friendly hellos and great big smiles. We work hard and know how to have fun.
Our innovative and creative work is a reflection of each of us and the culture and values we share.
We are excited that you want to join us in helping make the world a more thoughtful and creative place.
Every. Single. Day
This position is responsible for delivering impactful and brand consistent web collateral for the owned website (www.papyrusonline.com) . This role leads and participates in the development of all design and copy assets required to merchandise our digital products and content marketing assets on the owned website. Successful execution requires the ability to develop, maintain, and ensure the assets represent relevant trends and the brand voice.
This position is a key contributor to the maintenance and ongoing development of the Papyrus website – encompassing both visual and experiential elements. This role participates in all parts of the conceptual design phases including brainstorming, concept development, consumer research, and ultimate website experience definition. This position also works closely with Marketing, Product Management, and Creative to develop assets that can be used across campaign tactics for cohesive integrated campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in design strategy development for how the Papyrus website fulfills the role within the larger omnichannel business efforts.
• Identify and maintain digital design standards consistent with the Papyrus brand
• Both participate in and oversee the creation of visual design for the Papyrus website (e.g., style, branding, navigation components and merchandising hierarchies, page layouts, etc)
• Align with Marketing and BI to identify trends and make continuous site improvements to optimize conversion rates and engagement; comfort in designing and conducting A|B tests
• Contribute to the development of visual assets used across engagement marketing tactics (email, social, activation, etc) with primary focus on the Papyrus owned website
• Lead and/or participate in concept and design thinking sessions
• Serve as “editor-in-chief” for Papyrus websites, apps, and microsites
• Set quality standards and ensure the successful day to day management of the Papyrus website is consistent with seasonal and/or other event-driven selling windows
• Research and evaluate creative and digital trends as well as emerging technologies – provide thought leadership on adoption strategies
• Collaborate with Business Analysts (in agdigital) to define any website experience changes required to improve the consumers’ experience with www.papyrusonline.com; includes effectively communicating design goals and specifications to the tech/engineering team
• Develop and deliver finalized website design layouts with all the necessary digital creative assets for development by the tech/engineering team
• Adhere, and ensure the website adheres to, all visual brand guidelines for Papyrus
• Lead discussions to optimize site cartridges and improve site functionality
• Partner with tech/engineering resources to add new capabilities/function to the website as they are delivered
• Diverse and inclusive culture with employee resources groups
• 13 paid holidays
• Flexible Schedules (Department Based)
• 401k- dollar-per-dollar match up to 6%
• Tuition assistance
• Wellness program
• AG Workperks Discount Program
• All Hands Meetings
• Employee Assistance Program
• Medical, dental, vision
Required Length & Type of Experience:
? A minimum of 3 years experience in digital product design, website design, or digital marketing
? Project Management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
? Digital design experience within a corporate environment, or in-house agency.
? Self-motivator with strong creative and strategic thinking skills
? Strong organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage priorities
? Good written and verbal communication skills
? Deep knowledge of digital production software/tools/techniques/processes (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, image compression, HTML5)
? Video Editing, advertising, and copywriting experience preferred
? Capable and interested in working within a collaborate team environment (i.e., requires a willingness to have ideas challenged and/or edited by others)
? Knowledge of website responsive design principles
? Familiarity with Oracle ATG or Shopify platforms a plus
Education Required: :
Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Web Design, Visual Communications or commensurate experience