Chainlink Labs is looking for a Head of Design to lead all design teams at Chainlink and help define and execute the design vision, strategy, and workflows to achieve a world-class user experience. You will work directly with industry leaders and executives to shape the Design language and culture for one of the most exciting and rapidly growing projects in the industry.
* Collaborate closely with industry leaders and executives to develop and implement short, mid, and long term strategic Design plans, and objectives in alignment with Chainlink mission, needs and goals
* Work closely with team leaders to define and execute user-centric strategies that will ensure a seamless user experience throughout all touchpoints
* Facilitate the achievement of the Design team goals by defining its operational workflows, processes, and priorities, while overseeing the overall execution of the design-specific tasks
* Represent Chainlink’s user experience and leverage the full spectrum of the Design output and internal resources to create a world-class developer experience
* Become an influential stakeholder of the Project by providing Design direction and insights to the product, marketing, and engineering teams at scale
* Define a long-term vision for the Design team and manage its execution by owning the planning and hiring processes, while creating an inspiring work environment for designers within the team
* 8+ years of experience as design leaders across multiple disciplines, including product and brand design, with a proven history of success in startup environments
* 5+ years of experience working in a developer-specific project(s), preferably open source
* Demonstrable organizational skills and ability to develop efficient workflows considering the asynchronous communication nature of a fully distributed team
* Mastery of design-thinking principles with a provable history of successful application(s) of user-centric workflows and processes
* Ability to empathize with external users to turn product requirements, user research, and usability feedback into meaningful solutions, but also with internal team members, peers, and executives throughout the organization
* Excellent communication skills and ability to organize and document thought processes to efficiently articulate design decisions, both in written and verbal
* Ability to approach designs collaboratively and build strong cross-functional relationships, both internal and external
* A pragmatic mindset with the ability to swiftly and strategically define priorities and allocate resources to facilitate the successful execution of each project
* Proactive and solution-driven personality with an exceptional ability to manage and empower teams of designers, while bringing inspiring design solutions to other areas of the Project
* High-bar for quality at a micro and macro level, with strong attention to detail
* Solid understanding about blockchain, with a strong passion for technology and a deep interest in constantly expanding your knowledge
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizations—from global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economy—to deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.