Come grow with us! Guardian Industries has an immediate need for a Human Centered Design Associate. This position has upside to be remote with some travel or could be based out of our Science & Technology Center in Carleton, MI.
We seek “T shaped” talent with broad potential and core knowledge around visual media creation and design thinking to assist the Marketing & Insights team with new opportunities. Ideal candidates will demonstrate interest or exposure in variety of spaces to include human centered design, design thinking, product development, economics, and consumer marketing research. If you are passionate about these areas, please check out what we have to offer!
The selected individual will create value by supporting broad project portfolio with HCD facilitation, marketing insights research, and media creation by:
- Demonstrating passion and curiosity! The ability to find the beauty and interest in many subjects
- Dot connecting! The ability to quickly synthesize insights between disparate topics
Ability to see the forrest AND trees! The ability to fluidly jump between the big picture and the details
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Supporting cross company teams with wide range of activities, including product development, visualization, workshop and focus group facilitation, marketing research, value-chain analysis/mapping, trend spotting, segmentation, customer insights research development and analysis. (potential opportunities for design strategy and business development participation are also possible)
- Assisting glass scientists and sales teams in understanding perception of and communicating the aesthetic qualities of our products in development
- Visualizing new product concepts through writing, sketching, photoshop, 3d rendering, photography, and some video
- Assisting in market and customer research experimentation and insights analysis
- Managing external vendors through project implementation (i.e. marketing research providers, visual effects creators, Industrial design, software/UX/UI developers)
- Presentation creation and delivery
The Experience You Will Bring
- Qualified applicants will have one or both of the two options as listed below:
Option 1: Understanding of the technical side of photography: mechanics of light/lighting
(i.e. dynamic range, white balance, lighting, lens choices, lens artifacts like chromatic
abortions, how to read/use histograms
Option 2: Three (3) or more years' experience and/or project portfolio in 3D rendering, 3D
modeling, or other CGI related discipline
- Three (3) or more years' experience and/or project portfolio in industrial design, UX/UI, visual communication, human centered design, and/or design thinking practices
- Three (3) or more years of experience and/or project portfolio in image manipulation using software tools such as Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with and exposure to HCD tools and methods
- Willingness/ability to learn to facilitate: workshops, sprints, in depth interviews, and focus groups
- Willingness/ability to learn B2B & B2C research & analysis methods (primary and secondary)
What Will Put You Ahead
- BA or BFA or higher in Industrial Design, Visual communication / graphic design, human centered design / design thinking
- Certification or training in one or more design thinking practices (e.g. IDEO, Doblin/10 types, Stratygizer, Jobs to be done, Google Sprint, etc.)
- Personal or professional experience with ornithology, bird watching, or with animal behavior
- Personal or professional experience with the Architecture, Engineering, Construction industry
- Personal or professional experience with marketing and/or marketing research
- Personal or professional experience with digital whiteboarding tools like Miro and Mural
- Personal or professional experience with trend finding and/or segmentation
- Personal or professional experience with economics thinking and methodologies
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $60,000 - $90,00 per year with a competitive 401K and benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf