PRIMARY EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVES
The Advanced Design team supports the company’s strategic long term vision, the product and technology roadmaps, and various product development efforts by providing design directions and creating innovative concepts for the next generation of soldier systems and military protective equipment’s. As a key member of the Advanced Design Team, the Industrial Designer will be at the forefront of creating the vision for how new technologies could be incorporated into products which would drive new ways of operating for the Warfighter.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in user interviews, assessments, and observation (shadowing)
• Participate in brainstorming sessions
• Liaise with other departments and suppliers as required during the product development process.
• Actively participate in the entire design process
• Search for and explore design trends
• Demonstrate concepts through sketches, mock-ups and prototypes
• Create 3D CAD models of composite, metal or injection moulded components.
• Create 3D realistic images (renderings) and animations
• Validate designs through user assessments and subject matter experts (SME) evaluations
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Clearly communicate new ideas thru high quality sketches and mock-ups.
• Develop CAD models taking account of technical constraints and limitations while ensuring the design intent is maintained
• Ability to be an integral member of a cross functional team and demonstrate strong collaboration skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelors degree in Industrial Design
• 3+ years of experience in Industrial Design.
• Exceptional creative problem solving and design skills
• Experience in Advanced Surface Modeling is a plus
• Functional knowledge of standard design practices, specifically as it relates to product development in the plastic injection industry.
• Strong free hand and digital sketching skills.
• Must be proficient in the use of software tools primarily SolidWorks and graphics software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Keyshot.
• Fundamental understanding of 3D Printing and Post-Processing.
• Demonstrate strong critical thinking skills to translate user insights into a product solution.
• Willingness to adapt and pivot to quick project changes and updates.
• Capability to manage and control configuration of technical data using Solidworks PDM.
• PDM (Product Data Management) manager/administrator experience, a plus.
• Good manual skills for creating mock-ups and prototypes, experience is a plus
• Creative and ability to work autonomous and part of a team
• Experience with production environment is a plus
• Strong verbal communication and writing skills required.
• Knowledge of and experience of working with Military and Personal Protective Equipment Standards, a plus
WORK ENVIRONMENT (include physical requirements)
• Office base and manufacturing environment.
• Some travel may be required between Galvion facilities.
Portfolio and sketchbook required with application.