PORTER exists to imagine and curate unique brand experiences. We are passionate about the work and committed to providing the best possible outcome at every step. We are a dynamic retail marketing agency that designs, engineers, produces and installs fixture programs, store designs and experiential space for major brands around the globe.
PORTER is looking for an Industrial Designer with between 3 and 5 years of industry experience. The best candidates will have a strong POV toward design and a good understanding of manufacturing materials and processes. This position uses presentation materials, research, material samples, logic and strategy to bring solutions for products PORTER manufacturers. A positive attitude, sense of humor and openness to give and receive constructive feedback are a must.
• Design a project(s) from concept phase through successful completion. Projects can include but are not limited to single displays, fixtures, furniture and fixture programs.
• Potentially present designs to clients and discuss need for modification and revision.
• Develop and implement visual elements or creative concepts for project deliverables.
• Translate existing and emerging concepts into actual brand and/or product designs.
• Conduct market research (retail audits) and stay current regarding design trends.
• Select material samples and can put together a material board for client presentation.
• Additional duties as assigned
Minimum 3 years of relevant design experience in POP/Retail/Fixture Design. Must have a legit passion for retail design.
BA/BS or BFA in Industrial Design is required.
• Proficiency in SketchUp and Adobe CC is a must. Proficiency in 3D based programs such as 3D Studio and SolidWorks is also required. High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, Outlook and Internet applications.
• Ability to quickly communicate concepts and ideas through hand sketching.
• Excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills including analysis, interpretation & reasoning.
• Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Self-motivated / self-starter with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
• Must be able to work under remote management.
Include with CV. Work must be presented digitally, either as a PDF or online portfolio site in order to be considered for this position. Your portfolio should illustrate the process of design, from concept through finished renderings or production photos/examples. Concept exploration and seeing “how you got there” will be important to evaluate the quality and merit of your work.
More Stuff to Know //
Please submit your CV and portfolio to email@example.com for consideration. Please, no phone calls or recruiters. Do not contact PORTER about other services, products or commercial interests and opportunities.
PORTER conducts its business virtually. We do not have physical office space – rather, our team works from their home offices. Here are some of the essential traits you will have:
• Ability to be a self-starter.
• Work under remote management.
• Disciplined with time management.
• Responsive when your team is trying to communicate with you.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.