Founded in 1948, Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty building products manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility managers, and contractors face every day. Since inventing the first extruded louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product categories. Our products are a part of some of the most iconic buildings around the world–from the world’s tallest tower, Burj Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the World Trade Center Transit Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges, we're the right place for you. CS: Making Buildings Better®
Create communicative visualizations and assist in the development of product for the architecture, interior design, and commercial construction industries.
Communicate product concepts from Ideation through Launch by translating, developing, and refining concepts into still and animated visualizations
Collaborate with the New Product Delivery, R&D and Marketing teams to assist in the physical fabrication and prototyping of architectural building products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily limited to the following:
• Create clear visualizations of products for multiple audiences (ex: marketing, sales, internal stakeholders and external customers) and applications (ex: presentations, product installation instructions, technical publications, website, marketing assets, etc.) in a diversity of formats. Such as:
• Sketching, 3D modeling, Renderings, and Animations of product needs such as assembly, installation process, exploded views, cutaways, callouts, in-situ for proof of concept, communicative sequencing and any other high-quality visualizations.
• Support the New Product Delivery team in the development of new and existing products for diverse market segments and user needs
• Prepare concepts for presentation and review with design management and internal and external customers.
• Manage their design process to ensure that key dates, deliverables, and product launch dates are met, working across multiple internal and external teams
• The candidate must be able to understand, communicate, and apply concepts with a creative mindset, and embrace a collaborative environment.
Minimum Education and/or Experience required:
• Internship experience, in either agency or corporate environments and/or 0-3 years related experience
• BFA or BID degree in Industrial Design
• A design portfolio that communicates design concepts through the creation process, manufacturing feasibilities, and user sensitivities
• Proficient in common manufacturing design (CAD) software for product development (ex: Solidworks, Inventor, 3DS Max)
• Proficient with rendering software (Unreal Engine, Blender, Keyshot, etc.)
• Proficient with animations of 3D models
• Proficient with the core Adobe design tools
• Experience with common physical prototyping and fabrication tools
• Construction industry knowledge or is proven capable of learning to successfully assist in visualization of concepts
• Must have the ability to think creatively outside of conventional concepts
• Ability to present and explain visualizations in a way that establishes trust
• Willingness to grow and take on additional responsibilities as appropriate
• Ability to travel within United States, under 10%