The Industrial Designer is responsible for developing accurate technical drawings for client-facing custom fixtures, this includes custom drawings for rugs, furniture, lighting, and special projects. This is a collaborative role and works directly with the product development, production and sales teams. Working knowledge of SolidWorks, AutoCAD and Abode Creative Suite is required. Experience in furniture and lighting design a plus.
• Developing accurate technical drawing packages, installation instructions and templates for items that include but are not limited to custom orders for rugs, furniture, lighting, objects and projects incorporating residential spaces.
• Incorporating custom rugs, furniture and lighting drawings into client provided CAD files for client review and approval.
• Responsible for keeping all drawing files up to date and organized on the shared server.
• Close communication with the sales and assembly teams regarding custom order questions and status through a dynamic software system.
• Daily administrative tasks – uploading all custom order files into a dynamic software system.
• Proficiency in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
• Analytical mindset, problem-solver, organized.
• Strong aesthetic skills, with a keen eye for detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated individual who takes responsibility, proactively communicates and can thrive in a culture of excellence.
• Demonstrate an excellent level of flexibility toward an evolving landscape; remain open to process and people changes and giving and receiving feedback of what’s working well and what isn’t from peers, team members and senior leadership.
• Commitment to independent learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
• Ability to work well under pressure or in the midst of competing priorities.
• Solutions-based thinker with a consistently positive attitude, displayed both as an individual and within a collaborative team of peers, managers, directors and VPs.
• Able to foster open communication, accept delegation, manage up, effectively respond to feedback and proactive in seeking support and help when needed.
• Desire to be a part of a small team, flexible, and has the ability to pivot as needed to accomplish company goals.
• Able to be trusted with sensitive, confidential and proprietary information.
• 4-8 years’ experience in industrial design, with a focus on lighting and furniture design.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design
• Experience designing with materials such as wood, metal, glass, porcelain and leather, including a basic understanding of their manufacturing properties.
• Experience in drafting interior floor plan elevations.
• Experience in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency and excellence.
• Experience servicing high-end clientele.
• Proven experience managing competing priorities and urgent requests.
• Experience in a business that requires a team to execute the common vision, understands the value of the individual and the team.
• Full-time studio hours: Monday–Friday
• Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
• Weekly 1:1s.
• Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our NY studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.