Job Title: Industrial Designer - Athletic Equipment and Apparel
Department: Research & Development
Location: Providence, RI
Reports to: Director of Design
As part of G-Form’s R&D team, you will be joining one of the fastest growing brands in the protective sports gear market. This is an opportunity to envision and bring to market new and exciting products across a spectrum of categories, including MTB, soccer, baseball, basketball, and more. Our new designer is a divergent thinker and will bring an entrepreneurial spirit, a collaborative method and is comfortable pushing the boundaries and breaking rules. The ideal candidate is nimble in a fast-paced environment, eager to learn and respond quickly to new projects while instinctively delivering fresh and exciting design solutions. An experienced creative with a passion for MTB, sport and action sports is preferred.
Essential Functions/Major Duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assist with the research, concept development, and final design of new athletic
products incorporating our proprietary Smartflex pads.
• Constantly curious and searching for inspiration for innovative, next level designs.
• Use design thinking and technical knowledge to create innovative, functional, and
• Research competitive products, market data, design trends, and new materials
• Present research, concepts, and final designs to the design team.
• Refine concepts through iteration and routine consideration of production
requirements, manufacturability and cost, market data, user feedback, ergonomics,
and the G-Form brand.
• Create iterative sketches and renderings of new product concepts.
• Produce mold-ready 3D CAD files for go-forward prototypes and final product designs.
• Create technical drawings and specs for tech packs and patent documents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required which include but are not limited to:
• Bike and action sports design experience a plus.
• In-depth knowledge of Adobe CC and 3D CAD modeling –
Photoshop/Illustrator/Solidworks experience essential.
• 2D drawing skills – experience with digital tablet drawing preferred.
• 3+ years’ work experience in product design – apparel design experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in industrial design / apparel design.
• A positive attitude and ability to work collaboratively with a team and independently
on a wide range of projects.
• Ability to communicate your ideas clearly and give / receive constructive criticism in a
positive, professional manner.
• Organization and flexibility to stay ahead of deadlines and respond quickly to new
• Ability to think creatively about new product ideas and how to improve upon existing
• Ability to stay calm and focused under pressure.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, Standard office hours are 9:00-5:30 with a 30-minute break for lunch.
This position requires approximately 10% travel time for trade shows, inspiration trips, development trips or design conferences. Travel length varies from daytrips to trips lasting 2-3 days.
The job description above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Continued employment is on an at-will basis.
Please Apply On: https://g-form.com/careers