Blake Jarrett & Company specializes in helping our customers bring their brand to life in retail. We work with global brands to design and build high quality communication and experience activation’s in retail.
We’re looking for a well-rounded Industrial Designer with creative ability and technical understanding to join a collaborative team of young designers and engineers. You’ll work closely with our Creative Director to create design concepts and turn them into fully functioning products, displays and environments. Our projects are hugely varied, from injection molded kiosks up to full retail environments, so we’re not expecting you to know everything. We are looking for a candidate with the right attitude and a willingness to learn and grow with us.
- Work with clients to understand and define problems and well-rounded design skills to create and present solutions that meet our customers aesthetic, functional and business goals.
- Work with project stakeholders to refine concepts and use your sense of design and understanding of materials and processes to maintain design intent.
- Create technical drawings to communicate the design to manufacturers.
- Get hands on and help build mock ups or assemble, review and validate prototype designs.
- Use your strong communication skills to be a responsive team player who can confidently present your design solutions to internal stakeholders and clients.
- Understanding of current trends, styling and conventions in 2D & 3D design.
- We’re client driven, so you’ll need to deliver great results in (sometimes) tight timelines.
- Graduate from an accredited Industrial Design program (or related field).
- Roughly 2-5 years of design experience in retail design/merchandising/product development. Consideration may be given to applicants with less experience if you have a strong portfolio.
- Must be proficient in SolidWorks (or transferable skills from a similar CAD package) for modeling and producing technical drawings for manufacturing.
- Ability to do hand sketches on-the-fly to effectively convey design ideas.
- Experience creating presentations and renderings with Photoview/Keyshot and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in the POP/Retail Environment industry and/or designing for trades/construction.
If you have what it takes to bring new ideas to the table and create innovative designs in a fast-paced environment, then please send your resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org